cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE v Chase Freedom (combo) v Discover IT...

tag
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE v Chase Freedom (combo) v Discover IT...

@enharu wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

2 new accounts, which is the Amex and Discover (just opened 2 wks ago at the same time).

I have about 1.4k on Freedom, pretty much nothing on Amex ($50), and $20 on Discover.

Forgot to mention that I have a balance of $800 on my WF card.

I had 3 inqueries (1 was when I was looking for a car about 3 wks ago), TU for Discover (740) and EX for Amex (737)

Income (including fin aid, grants, etc) is about 29k/yr

As for my CL, it's on my sig. Smiley Very Happy

Utilization, not so sure. If my math is right, it is about 15%

AAoA:

WF is 6 years old, CC is about 2 years old, Chase is almost a year, BestBuy, I think 3 years, BCE and IT, 2wks lol

Uh, don't think financial aid is considered as income.

I know it's not an actual income, but I've read somewhere (not in this forums for sure) that to increase the chances of getting approved for a CC, one should put it as "income." But then again looking at your sig, I should definitely listen to you lol

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

It depends on what you mean by financial aid. I don't agree with it myself and have never included my scholarships in my apps. Some lenders tell you to exlude, many do not. It seems like a grey area to me.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 12 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Hmm it seems like we have a lot of same cards and you said you were a college student working part-time. May I ask what's your income reported because my CL seems a lot lower than yours.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 13 of 16
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

Hmm it seems like we have a lot of same cards and you said you were a college student working part-time. May I ask what's your income reported because my CL seems a lot lower than yours.

Aside from Amex BCE and Discover IT (which I included financial aids), I got those cards with my part time annual income of 10k, sometimes less. The only reason my WF card has a high CL is because they recently increased it by 3k. (idk why; probably because they saw that I applied for BCE and IT card). As for my Chase Freedom, I somehow persuaded them to increase my CL 2 months after opening it.. Probably a bad move. For CareCredit, it's probably because of my dental costs (Invisalign, cleaning, etc). What's your FICO?? Mine was always hovering from 718 to 740 since inception.

Message 14 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Do they redeem for the full 5% cash statement??

it would add extra monitoring to use this for the first $250 in charges each month in the categories but that's a bit of extra cash a month too!!!?

Message 15 of 16
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Do they redeem for the full 5% cash statement??

it would add extra monitoring to use this for the first $250 in charges each month in the categories but that's a bit of extra cash a month too!!!?

Well I'm a single college student, already monitorning my gas and grocery budget, which is far less than $250. That said, I think the SM card works best for single indviduals.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.