Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP 61 day CLI Score!

tag
lrdwilder
Established Member

Amex BCP 61 day CLI Score!

So today was a great day in the CLI for me. I applied for AMEX BCP on Jan 2, 2012, received the card in the mail. Limit of 10k, then charged and PIF about every other week. Today I called and asked a rep first how long I have had my card to which they responded 66 days. I hung up and redialed the 800 number and went to the automated system. When the automated system asked how much I would like to request I put in the max amount it said it can automatically consider which was 25k. It asked for my income which I entered and it approved me in about 10 seconds and said the line would be availible in about 15 min.

One interesting thing is that I didnt get my card till about Jan 12, so it seems they date the 61 days from the date of approval. Though I have had an AMEX G MR for about 9 mos.

Myfico score of 704, util of about 9% total of all cards, oers income over 100k.

Amex Gold MR

Amex BCP - 25k

Cap1 Venture 5k (used for international travel)

Cap1 Platinum 1.2K

Chase Saphire - 6k

Discover More - 6k

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP 61 day CLI Score!

wow that's a crazy credit line congrats!!

Message 2 of 24
lrdwilder
Established Member

Thanks, I'm wondering when the FR will be coming! LOL I wouldnt care if it did but I'm fairly certain I can count on it now!

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha yea I'd expect an FR too with that CL!

Message 4 of 24
Vesey

I've been looking for the increase credit limit option on the website for a few days (got the card about the same time you did). After reading your post I called the toll free number and requested $6000. Approved!

I opened my first credit card about 13 years ago, and have only started applying for new ones in the last three months. I got a little carried away and now have a rewards card from every major bank. On the one hand my FICO has taken a hit from the new accounts and the 2-3 inquiries on each CR. On the other hand I've made $800 from cash back offers. Off to the garden for me... unless Citi keeps insisting on sending me the $350 offer on the ThankYou after $2500 of spending in 4 months..

My original card was a Citi Platinum Select Mastercard with a $7700 limit. I cancelled it shortly after getting the Chase Freedom in December, but after reading about FICO scoring I was able to have it reopened via their secure message center (calling didn't work), but with a CLD to $4100 and a hard pull (I asked to have $7700 reinstated).

EQ FICO was 805 before I applied (and approved) for PenFed last month. Yearly income: $18,000.

Citi 4.1K, Amazon Rewards Visa 5.4K, Discover 2K, PenFed Platinum Rewards 2K, Amex BCE 6K

Goal: 5K on each card by SP, no inquiries for the next 2 years, then buy a house.

Citi Platinum Select MC $4.1K / Discover $2.55K / Amex BCE $6K / Chase Amazon $5.4K / PenFed Platinum Rewards $2K / USAA Rate Advantage $4.5K / US Bank Cash+ $10K
Message 5 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the massive CLI !!! AMEX seems to be in a giving mood lately. Smiley Happy
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 24
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Nice job on the monster CLI!

Myself, I am waaay to apprehensive about asking for more with AMEX. Ihave 15 years history and currently have a Plat., Blue (10,000), and Delta Gold (7,000). I will be patient and see if the auto me.
Message 7 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lrdwilder wrote:

So today was a great day in the CLI for me. I applied for AMEX BCP on Jan 2, 2012, received the card in the mail. Limit of 10k, then charged and PIF about every other week. Today I called and asked a rep first how long I have had my card to which they responded 66 days. I hung up and redialed the 800 number and went to the automated system. When the automated system asked how much I would like to request I put in the max amount it said it can automatically consider which was 25k. It asked for my income which I entered and it approved me in about 10 seconds and said the line would be availible in about 15 min.

One interesting thing is that I didnt get my card till about Jan 12, so it seems they date the 61 days from the date of approval. Though I have had an AMEX G MR for about 9 mos.

Myfico score of 704, util of about 9% total of all cards, oers income over 100k.

Amex Gold MR

Amex BCP - 25k

Cap1 Venture 5k (used for international travel)

Cap1 Platinum 1.2K

Chase Saphire - 6k

Discover More - 6k

VERY NICE CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Great CL! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 24
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I'm afraid to poke the AMEX beast.  I'm ok with my 12K limit.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.