Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP CLI $5k ---> $15k!

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCP CLI $5k ---> $15k!

@birjest wrote:

Ok, ok, ok, I just got my Zync in Oct.  So, if I wait six months, (APR) I can apped for the Delta card and get approve?  Cool, but I don't fly DeltaSmiley Tongue (Southwest!!!) so, would the Gold Reserve be the card for me to app?  Or BCP? or Costco True Earning.....ok, I will stop for now...

Sounds like the BCE or BCP may be your best bet. It's a card for everybody imo cause the cash rewards are for groceries, gas, department stores. Who doesn't shop at all 3 right?

BCE may be easier if you are new to Amex (less than 1yr) imho. The BCP has higher rewards/AF so that card may be tougher to get if you have a short credit history. Just remember, the higher the rewards/AF - the tougher it will be to obtain if you don't have establish credit.

If you shop at Costco than a Costco card would also makes sense for you.

Message 21 of 30
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I am a Costco member.  My credit history is 17 years with the average age of 7 years...

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 22 of 30
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@birjest wrote:

Yes, I am a Costco member.  My credit history is 17 years with the average age of 7 years...

If your EX Plus score is 700+ and you don't have any baddies in the L5 yrs or so...I would hit submit and see. Good luck!

Message 23 of 30
dnice77
Regular Contributor

Nice, i got my BCP on Tues, love it... My Zync is going the drawer and used for only recurring monthluy charges... Using Plat forTravel and BCP for everything else....

AMEX BCP gave me my highest limit todate (7.5k) debating to go for 20k at 3 months or be conservative as ask for double and the 5k sometime this summer !

cant wait to start seeing cash back !

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 30
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Well, seeing that you have the plat and the BCP, after socking the Zync, do you see yourself canx the Zync?  Was the Zync the first card to get then the Plat?  I am trying to gauge me next card.  It seem to me that lot, and lot of people who got the Zync first went on to the BCP, or GoldPR/ Platinum route....

Message 25 of 30
dalebb
Valued Contributor

i want the amex bcp,, but i got confused with all the damn blue cards and app'd for the blue,,,, got it but not what i wanted,, called in and said i would have to wait and re appSmiley Mad

Message 26 of 30
dnice77
Regular Contributor

I rent the route Zync 1st. used same pull for Plat. Was supprised i got the plat. month later i was had a itch and apped for BCP. when though i was supposed to be gardening.. well i apped and was approved for BCP..

i will propably keep the zync and let the recurring stuff go through it. its only $25 / year and its a good card. 

if i had my options i would actually have Gold Premier and BCP....

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Message 27 of 30
birjest
Frequent Contributor

hmm, well, I do not travel frequently for the platinum use, although there are many other benefits to the palt.  I thought about apping for the GoldPR and probably the Citi Div Plat.  I guess I can app for the BCE, but 2 charge cards is more than enough for me.

Message 28 of 30
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:
Congrats on all of the BCP CCs!

What kind of scores do you guys have who are getting approved do for this cc?

Re CCCs selling to you, I had that in a big way from Cap One! It was very irritating. They were definitely high-pressured and would not take no for an answer!

I believe I had a 706 EX FICO at the time of approval for this card back in May (with a paid Amex chargeoff as well).  I also had the Blue and Clear then too. 

As far as companies trying to sell to you, BOA takes the cake for that one.  I feel cornered the few times I need to talk to them about something.  I always tell them I'll research it online.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dalebb I would not do that because it would result in a new hard pull, plus close of new account plus addition of new account and screw up your AAoA.  My recommendation would be, if you can wait, to do a product change after 13 months to BCE or BCP.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.