Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP changes announced

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP Bigger SUB Now

@Anonymous wrote:
If no AF is your game, AMEX is very lackluster for rewards. Honestly, the Cash Magnet needs a revamp and it’s not a year old yet. It’s pretty boring compared to an equivalent CFU or QS. At least you can get a WEMC or Visa Siggy.

I agree that their offerings are rather lackluster right now and I burned my chance to get the BCE SUB last year when I got approved and then canceled that card because I didn’t like the SL and didn’t know better. They also appear to only be interested in doubling their initial $1K offer I canceled last year if their “up to $2000” verbiage in the prequal tool is anything to go by but if I build a new computer this year, which looks very likely, the extended warranty and SUB from the Cash Magnet would make it worth it and then I would have my foot in the door should my situation change and I decide I want a different product and I would hopefully be able to get that product at a better limit too. 

Message 111 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what I like Amex for? Their offers! I have a BCP and this is what I received back on offers:

2019: $52 (so far...)

2018: $230
2017: $145

2016: $225 

I am considering a Cash Magnet just to double up on offers. 

Message 112 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You know what I like Amex for? Their offers! I have a BCP and this is what I received back on offers:

Yeah the offers are another reason I’m considering an app for the CM. I always see some pretty decent offers being talked about. 

Message 113 of 140
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

You might want to read around a bit on that... now when you add an offer to one card it's no longer available for your other cards (the multi-tab trick no longer works).   Smiley Sad

Keeping an Amex around just for offers definitely isn't what it used to be (unless it's your only Amex, of course).

Message 114 of 140
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah the offers are another reason I’m considering an app for the CM. I always see some pretty decent offers being talked about. 

Honestly, at least IME, Amex offers have gotten pretty stale in the past few years. Don't see many for broad reaching merchants, usually just expensive or niche ones. Once in awhile still get a decent one but on the whole Bank Amerideals provides far more everyday value type offers. I wouldn't app for an Amex just for the offers at this point.

Message 115 of 140
northface28
Established Contributor

I don’t even get Bank of America deals anymore. Just an empty page now.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 116 of 140
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$300 may just push me out to get it... can’t seem to get the offer to come up though so it must be for existing Amex customers. Guess my HPs are safe. Smiley Happy

Everybody needs an Amex! 

I did actually trigger it just now but I think I’m going to wait... I want to wait until I have spend to throw at a SUB and I want the prequal tool to offer me $3000 instead of $2000. Ideally I want it to be on a card that doesn’t have an AF too. Cash Magnet has $200 for $1000 with no AF and that’s more tempting but I’m still gonna behave. 

7605508C-E664-4BE4-872C-5CEC956F7323.jpeg

OMG, I'm so mad at you for posting this.  I went, and there it is... $300 back...
So now I'm going to torture myself over whether I will apply for this.  It was going to be my next app anyway... and I like money (and $1000 spend in 3 months is my grocery alone).     Argh.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 117 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$300 may just push me out to get it... can’t seem to get the offer to come up though so it must be for existing Amex customers. Guess my HPs are safe. Smiley Happy

Everybody needs an Amex! 

I did actually trigger it just now but I think I’m going to wait... I want to wait until I have spend to throw at a SUB and I want the prequal tool to offer me $3000 instead of $2000. Ideally I want it to be on a card that doesn’t have an AF too. Cash Magnet has $200 for $1000 with no AF and that’s more tempting but I’m still gonna behave. 

7605508C-E664-4BE4-872C-5CEC956F7323.jpeg

OMG, I'm so mad at you for posting this.  I went, and there it is... $300 back...
So now I'm going to torture myself over whether I will apply for this.  It was going to be my next app anyway... and I like money (and $1000 spend in 3 months is my grocery alone).     Argh.

Sounds like you should be thanking me for posting it because you would get great value from it. Smiley Happy If it was gonna be your next anyway, I say doooo itttt. 

Message 118 of 140
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Everybody needs an Amex! 

Sounds like you should be thanking me for posting it because you would get great value from it. Smiley Happy If it was gonna be your next anyway, I say doooo itttt. 

You are officially THE WORST.  I'm trying to figure out if aldi/lidl falls under supermarket for Amex, if it does...  I might have to.
My poor spade 😭

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 119 of 140
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If no AF is your game, AMEX is very lackluster for rewards. Honestly, the Cash Magnet needs a revamp and it’s not a year old yet. It’s pretty boring compared to an equivalent CFU or QS. At least you can get a WEMC or Visa Siggy.

How is it lackluster compared to the QS?  They are both 1.5% cash back cards.  The only advantage I see to the QS is quicker and easier reward redemption.   I think most people here already have a WEMC and Visa Siggy so no real advantage unless you don't have one of hem. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 120 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.