cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

I was approved for my second ever Amex card a little while ago, and although I'd read the "Amex not backdating anymore" thread, I decided to just ask since there was really nothing to lose (I originally called to ask for an increased CL/SL on the new card, but was told I couldn't do it because I'd gotten one on my old card within the past 6 months). Anyway, the CSR wasn't sure what that meant, but agreed to take a request to forward to the appropriate department. My first statement cut last week, and I just noticed the new card is reporting with an older date on the credit report! I'm thrilled! This is going to boost my scores quite a bit! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

Can we see a screenshot of this if you don't mind?  Current reports are it is DEAD so this very interesting...  Congrats on the MSD though...

Message 2 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for my second ever Amex card a little while ago, and although I'd read the "Amex not backdating anymore" thread, I decided to just ask since there was really nothing to lose (I originally called to ask for an increased CL/SL on the new card, but was told I couldn't do it because I'd gotten one on my old card within the past 6 months). Anyway, the CSR wasn't sure what that meant, but agreed to take a request to forward to the appropriate department. My first statement cut last week, and I just noticed the new card is reporting with an older date on the credit report! I'm thrilled! This is going to boost my scores quite a bit! Smiley Happy

What card, what date were you approved and a screenshot of the credit report would be nice.

Message 3 of 87
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

I bet they backdated in their system but as far as reporting to the CRAs it wont be.

Message 4 of 87
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What card, what date were you approved and a screenshot of the credit report would be nice.

Yes, curious minds would like to see how/what it shows on CRAs.   Or, as Nixon or CreditCuriousity would say... screenshot or it didn't happen!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GoldSorata wrote:

I bet they backdated in their system but as far as reporting to the CRAs it wont be.

This was my thought too until I read this part >>> noticed the new card is reporting with an older date on the credit report

Message 6 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@GoldSorata wrote:

This was my thought too until I read this part >>> noticed the new card is reporting with an older date on the credit report

Agreed. That's the key part. Maybe the backdating thing was relaxed. Or, OP got very, very, very lucky.

Message 7 of 87
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Following...

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 8 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anomalous wrote:

Following...

So am I.. Following keenly and eagerly from my cornerSmiley Tongue

Message 9 of 87
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, curious minds would like to see how/what it shows on CRAs.   Or, as Nixon or CreditCuriousity would say... screenshot or it didn't happen!  Smiley Very Happy

Second! Smiley LOL

And congrats to OP on successfully backdated account (if it is true) Smiley LOL

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 10 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.