cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating Success (Apr/May '15) :)

I think it's pretty safe to say this is total BS.

Message 51 of 87
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Involver wrote:

I don't think the OP has updated the thread with more relevant information or anything that supports the reported "backdate" as claimed.

Zonk.jpg

Message 52 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Involver wrote:

I don't think the OP has updated the thread with more relevant information or anything that supports the reported "backdate" as claimed.

Zonk.jpg

Agreed - I called B.S. from the start, especially since I was in the group that just missed the backdating by only about 2 weeks and watching the situation closely.

Message 53 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe BS, maybe not. 

I don't trust CSRs in general, and especially since there are people here that were not able to get the backdating.

Still, I figured it is worth the attempt. 

I'll let you know if succesull or not when I get a final answer and when my Amex reports on the 15th. 

Message 54 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Zonk.jpg

Agreed - I called B.S. from the start, especially since I was in the group that just missed the backdating by only about 2 weeks and watching the situation closely.

Hmm... It's weird how some people crave attention and make up a fantasy world where the most incredible things happen to them or those around them.

Message 55 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For what it's worth: I got excited by this post, having just opened my second Amex account a few days ago. I had previously been an account holder with Amex from 1991-2010, so I did not have an active account with them from 2010 until last week. My new BCE has "Member Since 91" on it. I haven't had a statement yet, and the card hasn't been reported yet.

I just now called their Credit Bureau Unit (1-800-874-2717) and the nice lady explained what most on here have reported: that accounts opened on March 22, 2015 and after will not be backdated. I asked her when she thought the policy would revert to the old ways and she laughed and said the policy change is permanent. (I guess anything is permanent until it isn't, but I'm not holding my breath on this.)

So I am confused on this.  First I read that anything reported after March 22, 2015 would no longer be backdated on the credit reports but now you have an Amex Credit Bureau Unit rep saying anything opened after March 22, 2015 willnot be backdated on the credit reports.  If this was the case I will call them up and tell them they are reporting my open date wrong to my credit reports.  It shows open date of March 11, 2015.  But was not reported to my credit reports until well after the March 22, 2015 date. Needless to say, I am very confused.  I would really like to get it to report as March of 2000 if I could.  So is it actually open date before March 22, 2015 or reporting to the credit bureaus before March 22 of 2015 for backdating?

Message 56 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you go:

Message 57 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here you go:

Thanks for keeping your word... It looks like it has been backdated-

Message 58 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still need to see more . , like date of approval and first reporting. All that shows is a card that's being reported now.

Message 59 of 87
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here you go:

Thanks for keeping your word... It looks like it has been backdated-

ETA:  what a brain fart... (on my part)

Nevermind.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 60 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.