Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Backdating - (Success story)

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Amex Backdating - (Success story)

I literally just got off of the live chat with an Amex agent. I told her that I was an authorized user on my aunt's account in 2008, and that I wanted to know if I could have my Amex backdated to that date. She said she would fill in the request, and she then asked me for my address and telephone number. She said it will take some time to process, but that I will be receiving a new card in the mail in 9-12 business days. 

I thought I would share my success story. 

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Backdating - Authorized User(Success story)

Congratulations! Something unusual is happening here.  The impossible has become possible. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 2 of 48
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

Congratulations! Something unusual is happening here.  The impossible has become possible. 

Thank you! 

I was really kind and understanding to begin with. I told her that I was an AU in 2008. And that if their system did not have that information, or if it was not possible to change my MSD, that I would understand completely. 

She said it wasn't a problem, and got the request submitted for me. She did not even ask me anything else. I suppose I got really lucky.

Message 3 of 48
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

no not lucky. It was a calculated move.

The same happened to me tonight. Was able to request a correction on my msd to 1995. I have three TLs with amex so this should greatly impact my aaoa.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 4 of 48
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:
no not lucky. It was a calculated move.

The same happened to me tonight. Was able to request a correction on my msd to 1995. I have three TLs with amex so this should greatly impact my aaoa.

That definitely should! Congrats. In 1995, I was only three. If only I could backdate my cards that far back. My score would skyrocket! Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@heyarrnold wrote:

I literally just got off of the live chat with an Amex agent. I told her that I was an authorized user on my aunt's account in 2008, and that I wanted to know if I could have my Amex backdated to that date. She said she would fill in the request, and she then asked me for my address and telephone number. She said it will take some time to process, but that I will be receiving a new card in the mail in 9-12 business days. 

From what I had read, authorized users were no longer capable of being backdated. Perhaps my CSR did not know that, or she simply was in a really good mood. Smiley Happy

Nonetheless, I thought I would share my success story. 

Are you saying that YOUR Amex is now being backdated to the time you were an ACM on your aunt's acct? If so, that is correct- Amex will backdate your CR's on YOUR Amex (ie primary) to the first time you became a member whether by ACM or primary. 

If you are saying that Amex will backdate your CRs to 2008 on an acct in which you are an ACM and you are not a primary cardholder - then that is different and reversing their previous policy

Message 6 of 48
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

You can get AU backdated if you get the right person. But it really does not matter b/c they will not report the AU account to the backdated year. My new Delta gold is backdated to 1994 the year I got my first green card. My wife is an AU on my new Amex & she was an AU on my old Amex. So she was also backdate to 1994, but they will still report the AU account as 2014. She did however get aproved for own Delta gold & that card will report 1994, just not AU account. They stoped reporting backdated AU accounts in like 2012. So unless you have your own Amex it wont report as 2008.

Message 7 of 48
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

AU's can be backdated.  They just can't be backdated to the MSD of the original card member.

My wife was made an AU on my BCP in 2013.  She apped for her own BCP this year and her BCP was backdated to 2013.  However she cannot be backdated to my MSD of 1998.

Message 8 of 48
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

From what I had read, authorized users were no longer capable of being backdated. Perhaps my CSR did not know that, or she simply was in a really good mood. Smiley Happy

Nonetheless, I thought I would share my success story. 

Are you saying that YOUR Amex is now being backdated to the time you were an ACM on your aunt's acct? If so, that is correct- Amex will backdate your CR's on YOUR Amex (ie primary) to the first time you became a member whether by ACM or primary. 

If you are saying that Amex will backdate your CRs to 2008 on an acct in which you are an ACM and you are not a primary cardholder - then that is different and reversing their previous policy

My Amex was backdated to the time that I was an ACM on my aunt's account. That's correct. Sorry for the confusion! I had read the opposite somewhere else. 

Message 9 of 48
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Juss11 wrote:

You can get AU backdated if you get the right person. But it really does not matter b/c they will not report the AU account to the backdated year. My new Delta gold is backdated to 1994 the year I got my first green card. My wife is an AU on my new Amex & she was an AU on my old Amex. So she was also backdate to 1994, but they will still report the AU account as 2014. She did however get aproved for own Delta gold & that card will report 1994, just not AU account. They stoped reporting backdated AU accounts in like 2012. So unless you have your own Amex it wont report as 2008.

Yeah, it is my own Amex thankfully Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.