Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blacklisted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Blacklisted

So, last time I posted here was about in May 2017, back then I was asking around what options or what time do I have to get off the Amex blacklist since I’ve been on it since 2008 . However, now I have an Amex gold rewards plus I’m an AU on my wife’s Amex cards and there seems to not be any problems so I Guess February of 2018 is when Amex decided to give me another chance 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Blacklisted

Congratulations! For what it’s worth, seems like 10 years is a bit of a benchmark for Amex blacklist forgiveness. I cannot cite to specific threads, but I’ve seen that mentioned many times. Certainly some of the more seasoned contributors can point right at the data points. Anyway, congrats on your “parole!”
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have read the 10 years seems to be the end of the blacklist for most people

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to OP. For me I appear to still be in the list, which I didn’t know existed until today. It’s been over 12 yrs. & scores are great now. I found out when I app’d for a Delta Skymiles card.
Is it true they don’t HP u when u r on blacklist? Cuz that will be the silver lining that I didn’t waste an inquiry.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting off the list!

@K9’sMom - I’m on the list...I app every month just to see if they have pulled me off. Not a single HP yet (at least 12 app’s). Occasionally they trick me with pre-qualified offers but all have been denied.

I am an AU on DH’s BCE though. They denied it when he initially opened it but approved it a month later.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved after approximately 17 years, so ymmv.  Now I have Delta Gold, BCE, and Platinum.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting back in with them!! Thanks for the data sharing
Message 7 of 10
drboxing
Established Contributor

it took me 10 years to get off of AMEX's blacklist, filed BK in 2006, got approved for my 1st AMEX card in 2017.

Message 8 of 10
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Nice data point OP. Gives me hope for June of 2019 when my BK drops off. I do have a way (possibly) back in via an executive at my company who knows someone at Amex, and helped another employee get back in who IIB Amex. But I want to see what happens next year before playing that card.

Message 9 of 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats on getting back in. I included them in my BK in 2005. I finally got back in this past month, so about 13 years on the list for me.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.