Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue APRs

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Amex Blue APRs

Just past my Amex Blue grace period of no interest on purchases - new APR is 7.99 (Prime plus 2.99%).

This does not seem to bad for a rewards card. What APRs have others got?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Blue APRs

MV, the regular apr on my Blue is 10.98.  But, I got an introductory 0% apr for the first year.
Message 2 of 36
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Looks like Blue'll be 15.99% variable after the promo period - I get the feeling I was just barely allowed inside, and only via the side entrance and as far as the hallway, for now - and then only because I had my Gold charge card already!  Smiley Mad 

Other rewards cards are my BofA's at 9.99% fixed, post-promo period, and my Chase BA at 13.99% variable.

Message Edited by scapegrace13 on 08-02-2008 10:23 AM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does it take to get those excellent APRs, anyway? There are too many times I see cards with an excellent APR, OK APR, and too high of an APR, but you don't find out which one you get until you're approved and they're about to send it over to you. A 7.99% Blue. Man, does that sound convenient or what?
Message 4 of 36
fused
Moderator Emeritus

My Clear (formerly a Blue) is currently at 6.74%.
Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

BC and Delta are both at 14.99

Message 6 of 36
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

MsQueenB wrote:
MV, the regular apr on my Blue is 10.98.  But, I got an introductory 0% apr for the first year.

I got an introductory 0% for 9 months, and a week later my EX went up 50 points because the only baddie dropped off - so I guess that at the moment, Amex likes me.

I will continue to be very, very careful.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 36
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Don't have a Blue, but my AMEX Optima with Rewards Points is Prime + 2.49% (currently 7.49%).
Message 8 of 36
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

MidnightVoice wrote:
Just past my Amex Blue grace period of no interest on purchases - new APR is 7.99 (Prime plus 2.99%).

This does not seem to bad for a rewards card. What APRs have others got?

My blue's intro in 5/2007 (edit) was 0% first 6mos (then 10.74%). At the 6 mo mark I called and asked to lower the apr, they adjusted it to 8.99%. At the 1yr anniversary I called and it was adjusted to a fixed 1.99 + prime which is currently 6.99%. Whenever I call in and talk to a rep and they see the rate, they just say wow; great rate on your blue. Just recently got a clear 5/2008 and was told after the 0% for 1yr (then 11.74%) promo expires I can call and have that apr lowered as well. I do love Amex! Although must admit the same scenario has worked with most of my other cards as well.  

I see it as a consumers market; the ccc's must compete for our business just like the banks with mortgages. After all, we (the consumer) are the ones keeping their lights on!

Edit: Inital account (charge card) opened 6/2006; sorry for the misinformation.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 08-03-2008 09:59 AM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 9 of 36
Regular Contributor

When I got my Amex Blue I had an intro rate of 0.0% for 15 months and after my rate was 12.99%.  I've been a member since April '07 and my rate has gone down to 9.99%.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.