Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday

tag
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Cash Everyday

"GW" is for goodwill  letter to the collection agency who placed it on your file.  Since it's already paid, write to them and ask for that item to be deleted from whichever credit reports it appears.  In the letter, be specific stating it was a complete oversight, etc.  They may, or may not remove it since it's already paid. Your chances with Amex might be good to apply now, but getting that  collection item off gives you a much better chance for approval.  Good luck

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 11 of 13
Db366
Established Member

Thanks guys.  When I paid the bill off in April they said it was going to be taken off.  It was taken off both my EQ and TU but was left on the EX which seems to be the main one AMEX checks.  They are a local company, so I will call them first thing in the morning and see what they say.  Maybe I will get lucky.  

Message 12 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Don't close anything until your mortgage is finished.

Dropping below 2 cards open may be a slight hit to your FICO and most things done during the mortgage process are almost assuredly going to have a negative impact (only exceptions to that are paying down revolving debt, and deleting negative information).

I'd probably leave them open even for the BCE shot; if you get approved or even denied, then can close, but short-term other than the cash outlay on the fees, FP and Credit One aren't necessarily hurting you and payment history is a definite bonus.

        
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.