Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Amex Blue Cash Everyday

I'm seriously looking at this card. The pre-qual site does not show any cards for me, which is discouraging, but I'm still hopeful.

Are my scores (in signature) good enough?

Are they inquiry sensitive (I have a recent one from my mortgage - but just the one, not a ton, as well as a few from September/October during a spree)?

I understand they grow fast, but what credit line can I expect initially?

Any other things I should know about it? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Blue Cash Everyday

@skigirl916 wrote:

I'm seriously looking at this card. The pre-qual site does not show any cards for me, which is discouraging, but I'm still hopeful.

Are my scores (in signature) good enough? - Yes

Are they inquiry sensitive (I have a recent one from my mortgage - but just the one, not a ton, as well as a few from September/October during a spree)? -AMEX is generally not very inquiry sensitive at all.  They're going to pull EX.  Wont be an issue

I understand they grow fast, but what credit line can I expect initially? - If I had to guess, initial CL, $2-3K

Any other things I should know about it? 

Message 2 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think your scores are sufficient for it and Amex isn't known for being super inquiry sensitive.

I'd say start limit would be around ~2k or 3k, echoing the post above. The good news is Amex is typically pretty generous with SP CLI's so it will grow easily in time.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry about not having any pre-approvals appearing on their site. I didn't have any. Many people here didn't have any.

Message 4 of 14
wmweeza
Established Contributor

I had no preapprovals when I applied yet I was instantly approved. Of course YMMV based on scores etc, but I think you have a decent shot

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 5 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I would say the majority of the people on the site that get approved for AMEX don't have pre-approvals/quals.  Your scores should be fine for the BCE..  

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved in August for the card with no pre-qual and scores slightly higher, CL $2,000. You should be good. I did apply for the Everyday about a month later, not much changed and approved for $9400.

Message 7 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@MstrPTato wrote:

I was approved in August for the card with no pre-qual and scores slightly higher, CL $2,000. You should be good. I did apply for the Everyday about a month later, not much changed and approved for $9400.

very simililar exp applied for delta approved for 1k 1 month and a few days later appoved for ED for 10k...  So ya history matters with AMEX imo.  score wasn't really different.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kinda wish I went the other way...BCE would have been nice with a higher limit.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

like everyone. i think you have a good shot of getting.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.