Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Amex Blue

Currently I have Amex Blue Cash Everday and Everyday. I am thinking to PC my BCE to Blue, so that the points I will earn on Blue will be able to consolidate with the points I earn on EveryDay card. I am not a big fan of two different types of reward systems. I love to be able to combine the points from the same company, just like my USAA MC & Amex, Chase Freedom & SP. What's the benefits of having Amex Blue?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Blue

@DigitalArk wrote:

Currently I have Amex Blue Cash Everday and Everyday. I am thinking to PC my BCE to Blue, so that the points I will earn on Blue will be able to consolidate with the points I earn on EveryDay card. I am not a big fan of two different types of reward systems. I love to be able to combine the points from the same company, just like my USAA MC & Amex, Chase Freedom & SP. What's the benefits of having Amex Blue?

that card gives out Membership rewards Express points which isn't the same as Membership rewards you get on the everyday card. The Everyday card is actually the only Free option ( No AF) that has Membership rewards . The others are Charge cards I believe. The BCE is a much better card then the Blue 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 7
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

that card gives out Membership rewards Express points which isn't the same as Membership rewards you get on the everyday card. The Everyday card is actually the only Free option ( No AF) that has Membership rewards . The others are Charge cards I believe. The BCE is a much better card then the Blue 

Thank you for your quick response!

Message 3 of 7
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Just Sock Drawer the card and use it to buy something at CVS for a dollar every 5 months or so to keep it active. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 4 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

Much as I am one of the main detractors of the BCE, I agree with this.  With the advent of the Everyday, there really is no place for the blue.   It gives MRE at a 1MRE per $, no bonus categories like Everyday and no opportunity to get 1.2 points per $ by meeting a usage threshold.  Plus MREs are basically cash back without another MR card.

So I would just use the Everyday, leaving the BCE alone except for select department stores if you don't have a better card for those.   Personally, I haven't had to keep Amex cards alive, one I didn't use for 4 years before PCing.  Given the sacred bond of Membership (deep sarcasm here for those that need smilies), I don't think they close cards for non use, at least those that aren't co-branded.

Message 5 of 7
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

Much as I am one of the main detractors of the BCE, I agree with this.  With the advent of the Everyday, there really is no place for the blue.   It gives MRE at a 1MRE per $, no bonus categories like Everyday and no opportunity to get 1.2 points per $ by meeting a usage threshold.  Plus MREs are basically cash back without another MR card.

So I would just use the Everyday, leaving the BCE alone except for select department stores if you don't have a better card for those.   Personally, I haven't had to keep Amex cards alive, one I didn't use for 4 years before PCing.  Given the sacred bond of Membership (deep sarcasm here for those that need smilies), I don't think they close cards for non use, at least those that aren't co-branded.

The BCE isn't that bad and it got me into the Door with Amex which I am glad for Smiley Happy 

Might cancel it if they approve me for the Blue Cash Card though Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

The BCE isn't that bad and it got me into the Door with Amex which I am glad for Smiley Happy 

Might cancel it if they approve me for the Blue Cash Card though Smiley Tongue

Let's just note that it is the only Amex card that Satan has (he told me) so I suspect it really is that bad.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.