Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Bonvoy offer, wish i had $😏

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amex Bonvoy offer, wish i had $😏

No clue if this is normal or targeted, besides the SUB that comes with this card ( unfortunately wont be able to complete it lol) keep getting this email....

Earn 25,000 bonus points up to four times until the end of the year.

Here’s how:
Register your Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card by May 31, 2019.
Starting from when you register, spend $25,000 in purchases on the Card to earn 25,000 bonus points.
Repeat step 2 up to three more times until the end of the year.
Enjoy a total of up to 100,000 bonus points.
This is in addition to the points you already earn with your Card. Offer valid through December 31, 2019.

Card only came with 1k sl. Amex wont let me move limits so i just gave up using it. Lol, i wish i could spend that much in a year lol. Id imagine if i hit SUB of 75k plus that would be significant ?. Ah well, maybe this offer could bring joy to a player wanting it haha. @coldfusion, wheres my Sears MC hahaSmiley Wink
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Bonvoy offer, wish i had $😏

I got it too, it's a BS offer, pretty much a 1% bonus since 25k = $250 1 night hotel. 

Message 2 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

In addition to a significant "step" spend requirement, you'd need to be anticipating a reasonably good point value in the first place to make the card better than a ~2% card.

I've gotten some good bonus offers on my SPG Lux (I'll change the name I use when they actually get a replacement card to me!) but I'd personally skip that one and use CFU/BBP instead.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, thanks. Kinda what i thought after thinking it haha. For $250, id rather have 100k in cash than pointsSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If you were leveraging the Bonvoy anyway it’s free additional monies.

Marriot dumps prices on things like Hotel Tonight but not off their direct bookings website so I can’t really figure out how to make good use of this card for my SF travels as it is on my own nickel.

Though the lady at Park Central was kind enough to honor the Gold status that comes with the card, that was a seriously nice and convenient room for the price I got it at (though I am so sick of resort fees just price appropriately to begin with).

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.