cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business and Personal both count against each others 6 months right?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Amex Business and Personal both count against each others 6 months right?

It still holds true that you get 1 62 CLI on a new account but if you have 2 open at same time or open a new account you then can't turn around in 30 days and get the CLI on a previous open for 62 days right? same for 6 month CLI?

Business and Personal cross over to each other as far as CLI time right?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Business and Personal both count against each others 6 months right?

@Creditaddict wrote:

It still holds true that you get 1 62 CLI on a new account but if you have 2 open at same time or open a new account you then can't turn around in 30 days and get the CLI on a previous open for 62 days right? same for 6 month CLI?

Business and Personal cross over to each other as far as CLI time right?

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you asking if you get one 61 day CLI request - period? The answer is yes so use it wisely. Then the clock is reset for another 6 months. The clock has your name on it no matter if it's personal or business - as long as you "own" the account. Does not matter if you have 6 amex credit cards, you get one CLI request at a time then reset the clock. 

Edit: 

Example - I have a Delta personal card with $6,000 limit and a Delta business card with $5,000 limit. I have to pick which one I am going to CLI when my time is up on May 26. If I pick the Delta personal and get 3x I will then have to wait 6 months to request CLI on my Delta business. That leaves out my SPG business that is stuck at $3,000 until May 26, 2014. I am thinking this is why people "churn" AMEX revolvers. It's easier for me to cancel the card just before the AF hits and wait a year then reapply for same card (and net the signup bonus again). Chances are strong I will get a larger limit my second go around. My last AMEX approval was a Hilton HHonors card with a $17,700 limit. 

Now I am tempted to accept the offer I got today for a personal SPG and close the SPG business card. Why wait? 

Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Business and Personal both count against each others 6 months right?

Thank you both you answered a question I had when I apply both ways in June....great info

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.