Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI and they want a 4506T form filled out

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex CLI and they want a 4506T form filled out

@Settemio wrote:

Ryanbush, I am an IT consultant. Microsoft Exchange architect to be more specific.

Thats an awesome job....Wish I could have gotten in with computers.... Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 28
Settemio
Regular Contributor

@OP, were you participating in manufactured spending at anytime in the last few months?

@Mustang - I am not sure what that means, "manufactured spending'

Message 12 of 28
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Sure but that means it wasn't the reason behind them asking 4506T.

Manufactured spending is when people are buying stuff like gift cards etc in order to get bonus points and using them for everyday spending. Amex can see lines items and gift cards has been a major reason for a lot of changes in their programmes recently including capping, devaluation and 4506Ts for CLI requests on cards that were seeing a lot of "action".

Message 13 of 28
Settemio
Regular Contributor

MustangSaluki said

Manufactured spending is when people are buying stuff like gift cards etc in order to get bonus points and using them for everyday spending. Amex can see lines items and gift cards has been a major reason for a lot of changes in their programmes recently including capping, devaluation and 4506Ts for CLI requests on cards that were seeing a lot of "action".

Oh ok. No. I havent bought any giftcards. My spending has been normal the last 6 months, no more, no less...

I took the advice of someone above and resent the form, with a letter and my last check stub validating my 'current' income. I then called the number on the request and talked to a representive. He said the 4506T was specifically to grant the CLI of 10k to my delta card requested by me. I then told him that I faxed it back and also included my last pay stub which validates my current salary. He then went on to say that Amex does NOT use pay stubs for income validation, but only tax returns because that shows what you already have earned in the past... he said something could happen this year and you are 'projecting what you are going to earn'. Then after arguing with him about that for 5 min... I told him well, I sent you my last two tax returns, 2012, and 2011... He then interupted me and said, NO. I need 2010 and 2011 we are not accepting 2012 yet and now your request will be rejected becuase you did not follow our instructions... I said, listen, I will read what the form said that you sent me... It says "Fill in the ending dates of your most recent 2 years filed tax returns". I followed your instructions and now you are saying I will be rejected for not following your instructions?

Customer since 1988 and all this for a 10k CLI? what a joke... I spend 20k a month on their card for my business traveling expenses... way to treat your customers...

Message 14 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Settemio wrote:

@MustangSaluki said

Oh ok. No. I havent bought any giftcards. My spending has been normal the last 6 months, no more, no less...

I took the advice of someone above and resent the form, with a letter and my last check stub validating my 'current' income. I then called the number on the request and talked to a representive. He said the 4506T was specifically to grant the CLI of 10k to my delta card requested by me. I then told him that I faxed it back and also included my last pay stub which validates my current salary. He then went on to say that Amex does NOT use pay stubs for income validation, but only tax returns because that shows what you already have earned in the past... he said something could happen this year and you are 'projecting what you are going to earn'. Then after arguing with him about that for 5 min... I told him well, I sent you my last two tax returns, 2012, and 2011... He then interupted me and said, NO. I need 2010 and 2011 we are not accepting 2012 yet and now your request will be rejected becuase you did not follow our instructions... I said, listen, I will read what the form said that you sent me... It says "Fill in the ending dates of your most recent 2 years filed tax returns". I followed your instructions and now you are saying I will be rejected for not following your instructions?

Customer since 1988 and all this for a 10k CLI? what a joke... I spend 20k a month on their card for my business traveling expenses... way to treat your customers...

I would call AMEX EO.

800-297-6197

Good luck!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wow....

I hope you get this worked out. How can they not accept two most recent paystubs, but a few years' old tax return? That makes no sense.

bahhh

o.O

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 28
mojobones89
Contributor

What exactly is a it consultant?what kind of degree is that?
Message 17 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

you dont need a specific degree to be a consultant. 

there are different consultants for different industries. i.e. management consulting, IT consulting, healthcare consulting, human resources consulting, etc. Different consulting firms specializes in different fields. It can range from the music industry to legal or even outsourcing.

You will generally need a relevant degree for the more specialized fields of consulting, but most starting positions (generalist as what Mckinsey calls it) do not have a specific major requirement, although some majors are preferred. 

Consultants are basically outside employees / contractors that a company hire / engage with to fix a problem or implement a strategy to turnaround or improve the company. Once they're done with whatever they're supposed to do, they're out of the company.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 28
Settemio
Regular Contributor

IT, as in information technology. I don’t have a degree... never went to college in fact. And even more so, I quit high school at age 16... But, I got sick of playing the victim because of my poor choices as a youth and decided to change things.

I was a carpenter for the first 12 years of my working career. Not dissing carpenters of course. I loved building and it fit my 'engineering' desire. I then got into computers at age 29 and switched careers at age 30. At that time, I was a high school dropout, not even a GED.

I started in the IT field 16 years ago, doing phone support. I quickly realized that I didn’t want to do that and I could make more money if I was specialized. I studied very hard, keep taking on harder, more challenging jobs... Within 3 years, I was hired as a full time employee, not contractor, at Microsoft. No degree, no high school diploma... They really didn’t care because they knew I was skilled and they took the chance with me. After a while there, I went into consulting and I have done that ever since, 12 years now consulting... I didn’t get my GED until about 7 years ago.

I am telling you this because people shouldn’t let their goals get interfered by what society might tell you, or what you perceive. Every time I tell my story, people don’t believe someone unschooled like me can get to where I am... I am not in any way advocating that people don’t get an education. My road to where I am at was much harder than someone that would have gone to school. I didn’t have a choice though, and I didn’t let that stop me. I now do however have an education in computers because of my 16 years’ experience and the 28 Microsoft certifications I have.

I work with very large companies, multi-billion dollar companies. I have to sit in meetings with CIOs and other C-level executives and talk like I have an educated background. I have never been questioned and they usually treat me with the same respect I treat them with.

Message 19 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

WOW!!!!!
I can't wait to gtfo of schoool.
I love it, but I feel wasted sometimes... And clearly, you're a smart person!!!

I just want to gain experience outside of school. Nice story btw:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.