Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI experts - quick advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI experts - quick advice needed

Ok, according to my CSR from an Amex chat this morning the last CLI I had with Amex was 9/17/2015 which was on my Delta card.  I appd for the BCP at the end of January 2016 and got an instant approval.  I currently have (1) card on my latest report showing a $2,900 balance (that cards CL is $15,000) for an overall UT of 3% or so.  Using Amex's credit score they have me at 734.

The CC with the balance will be paid down to 1% this month.  I have averaged around $2,000/mo on my BCP so far and always PIF.

Should I wait for that to post (payed down CC balance) and for Amex get a fresh SP to go for a CLI on my BCP?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI experts - quick advice needed

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, according to my CSR from an Amex chat this morning the last CLI I had with Amex was 9/17/2015 which was on my Delta card.  I appd for the BCP at the end of January 2016 and got an instant approval.  I currently have (1) card on my latest report showing a $2,900 balance (that cards CL is $15,000) for an overall UT of 3% or so.  Using Amex's credit score they have me at 734.

The CC with the balance will be paid down to 1% this month.  I have averaged around $2,000/mo on my BCP so far and always PIF.

Should I wait for that to post (payed down CC balance) and for Amex get a fresh SP to go for a CLI on my BCP?

I don't think you need to wait.  That low of a balance isn't going to affect your chances for a CLI

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think you need to wait.  That low of a balance isn't going to affect your chances for a CLI

Thank you.  Just pulled the trigger and thanfully got an instant approval to increase from $10,500 to $25,000.

I am still amazed at the rate you can grow your limits with them.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.  Just pulled the trigger and thanfully got an instant approval to increase from $10,500 to $25,000.

I am still amazed at the rate you can grow your limits with them.

Congrats!  You owe me $5K for my expert advice Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.