Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI over $25,000

tag
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex CLI over $25,000

Congrats on the CLI, pat!

It's interesting to see the various number for CL and income. They vary so wildly!

Message 71 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry but you're mistaken.

This was indeed a FR, the difference is the FR was initiated because of a request for a CLI and not for being flagged as a risky consumer. That is the ONLY reason anyone is still permitted to use the card under FR. They're not going to lock any card because you request a CLI but doesn't mean you won't get FR for a increase.

Now when AMEX request income verification on they're on, then they lock up the card & you flag you for 4506 or 4506T verification.

ANY documentation requested about your income is a FR no matter the circumstances or bank.

CLI verification - Is simply asking "did you request a increase".

Message 72 of 102
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry but you're mistaken.

This was indeed a FR, the difference is the FR was initiated because of a request for a CLI and not for being flagged as a risky consumer. That is the ONLY reason anyone is still permitted to use the card under FR. They're not going to lock any card because you request a CLI but doesn't mean you won't get FR for a increase.

Now when AMEX request income verification on they're on, then they lock up the card & you flag you for 4506 or 4506T verification.

ANY documentation requested about your income is a FR no matter the circumstances or bank.

CLI verification - Is simply asking "did you request a increase".

Wait, I thought FR meant comply or be shut down though.

Personally, I have applied for a CLI and triggered a 4506t request. I backed down the amount to the max allowed without the documentation, got my lesser CLI and went on my way. Had it been true FR, wouldn't I have been compelled to comply with their request for documentation?

Message 73 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have two types of "common" FR.

1) CLI requests FR are for credit limits. Make no mistake this is still "do it or else" but only pertaining to the newly requested CL only, not the account as a whole

2) Bank requested FR is for credit accounts. This is the "do it or else" FR that attacks all your accounts, mainly because the system flagged you as being risky.

Both instances require the same Income verification to exactly the same department.

Any documentation requests about stated income is a FR no matter the circumstances.

Message 74 of 102
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have two types of "common" FR.

1) CLI requests FR are for credit limits. Make no mistake this is still "do it or else" but only pertaining to the newly requested CL only, not the account as a whole

2) Bank requested FR is for credit accounts. This is the "do it or else" FR that attacks all your accounts, mainly because the system flagged you as being risky.

Both instances require the same Income verification to exactly the same department.

Any documentation requests about stated income is a FR no matter the circumstances.

I guess I didn't view the first circumstance as true FR as backing down a tad made it go away - I thought of FR as being the second circumstance you described. Since AmEx termed the request as income verification, it just made it sound like they wanted to be sure the numbers being input for income weren't fabricated.

Message 75 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely understand what you mean. I use to think the same thing until someone in the forums explained it to me and I thought about it. I've heard of people getting FR and having to provide 4506 and conference call with AMEX and their bank to confirm their bank account balance for the past three months. They also could only do the conference call with the bank account on file. Those people received a reduce in their credit limit. I think at that point I'll give AMEX the boot.

Message 76 of 102
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:

Still not update yet

But suprisingly my FICO score was updated 2 weeks earlier than expected, normally is on the 14th, but updated today and has info of the 29th of December

When they get my IRS transcripts wlll they review the request based on that new FICO score or based on the FICO score i had when i made the request ?

Have they made already a decision upfront and just waiting to confirm with the transcripts or do they only review everything once the transcripts arrive ?

My score went up from 720 to 761

I have Amex three cards with statement dates spread throughout the month.  I get three FICO scores each month.  The dates roughly match up with the statement dates for each of the cards.  By any chance, do your cards have statement dates around the middle and the end of the months?   Of course, Amex could have SPd your credit again for the CLI attempt.  I am just curious if the pattern holds for a score for each card. 

Message 77 of 102
pat0812
Regular Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

@pat0812 wrote:

Still not update yet

But suprisingly my FICO score was updated 2 weeks earlier than expected, normally is on the 14th, but updated today and has info of the 29th of December

When they get my IRS transcripts wlll they review the request based on that new FICO score or based on the FICO score i had when i made the request ?

Have they made already a decision upfront and just waiting to confirm with the transcripts or do they only review everything once the transcripts arrive ?

My score went up from 720 to 761

I have Amex three cards with statement dates spread throughout the month.  I get three FICO scores each month.  The dates roughly match up with the statement dates for each of the cards.  By any chance, do your cards have statement dates around the middle and the end of the months?   Of course, Amex could have SPd your credit again for the CLI attempt.  I am just curious if the pattern holds for a score for each card. 

I think they did an SP because my FICO SCORE updated on the 29th, and usually it only updates on the 14th

So if you were me would you ask for another CLI in 6 months or I'm about my maximum limit with them with this income ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 78 of 102
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:

I think they did an SP because my FICO SCORE updated on the 29th, and usually it only updates on the 14th

So if you were me would you ask for another CLI in 6 months or I'm about my maximum limit with them with this income ?

Considering the counter offer yet approval it's safe to say requesting more is probably not the best idea for now.  However you've set the bar high enough for your other cards to compete with in the future and take notice of on new apps once it reports.  Just take a break and let everyone catch up after it reports.

Message 79 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

The highest I've read on a single AMEX "non millionaires" was 64K.

I would say you're just about maxed out on that card but you never know.

If you have another AMEX why not try to increase the limit on that card in 6 months?

Maybe apply for another AMEX, hopefully you get a great starting limit and then in 6 months try to triple that cards limit. 

Having two or more cards in your wallet over 40k a piece is pretty boss.

Message 80 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.