Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI timing

tag
Kp629
Valued Member

Amex CLI timing

Hi all, I recently passed my 61 days with Amex on June 10th. I have been waiting to hit the CLI since I know my Experian score went up significantly. It just updated and fICO 8 shows 722 vs the 672 it was showing previously on the Amex app. I have read that the underwriting takes some time to update in Amex's records. How long should I wait to be sure it's updated? I've read 3 weeks but then read a recent post of someone's most recent fico 8 not being reflected on their inquiry even after waiting longer than 3 weeks.

thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex CLI timing

@Kp629 wrote:

Hi all, I recently passed my 61 days with Amex on June 10th. I have been waiting to hit the CLI since I know my Experian score went up significantly. It just updated and fICO 8 shows 722 vs the 672 it was showing previously on the Amex app. I have read that the underwriting takes some time to update in Amex's records. How long should I wait to be sure it's updated? I've read 3 weeks but then read a recent post of someone's most recent fico 8 not being reflected on their inquiry even after waiting longer than 3 weeks.

thanks for the help!

You could go for your cli now if you want but basing off your post you want to try and at least hedge your bets if you can with an updated Amex report. I would just go to your Amex account and find your Fico score. If it matches more ir less your new Experian  it should be updated. If it still shows old score wait for it to show up on your Amex account. 

Message 2 of 14
Kp629
Valued Member

@AverageJoesCredit right now my Amex score and Experian score in the Experian app match up with 722. Amex updated on June 11th But I thought someone said Amex takes almost a month to use the updated score shown on their app for any credit related decisions. 

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Kp629 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit right now my Amex score and Experian score in the Experian app match up with 722. Amex updated on June 11th But I thought someone said Amex takes almost a month to use the updated score shown on their app for any credit related decisions. 

I dont put much stock in  he said she said . If they match that tells me that the report was updated but then again i could be wrong. Me, i would just go for it. If you dont get it, just wait another 90 plus days. If you want to wait another month thats ok too. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. Most people will tell you if one gets a 1k sl you are borderline and its hard to grow. When i got back in wiith Amex after10 year jail sentence, i got 1k on my ED. Within a week i had to use it at Pepboys to fix my ac, hit the cli button to see if i could have more wiggle room and was approved 3xSmiley Happy. Just goes to show credit truely is ymmvSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kp629 wrote:

thanks for the help!

The credit score used by Amex underwriting in credit decisions is pulled once a month when they perform your account review.  The score shown in your online account is not the one they use.  To be sure they have the updated score you will need to know when the AR is done; you can find this out by looking at the "Inquiries shared only with you" section at the end your Experian credit report, or by using the score date shown in any adverse action notice you might have previously gotten from Amex.

Message 5 of 14
Kp629
Valued Member

@AverageJoesCredit @Awesome thanks for the reply- I was in the borderline acceptance with $1k and a collection on my account. That has since been removed and there are no other baddies aside from some lates 18 months ago. Still might hold me back but I want to see if I have the luck you have! Congrats on your 3X! Wish me luck!

Message 6 of 14
Kp629
Valued Member

@Anonymous @That's awesome info thank you! I can't seem to find that portion on my credit report. Is it available in the Experian app?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kp629 wrote:

@Anonymous @That's awesome info thank you! I can't seem to find that portion on my credit report. Is it available in the Experian app?

No. You need to pull your full credit report from Annual Credit Report to see the detailed info. 

Message 8 of 14
Kp629
Valued Member

@Anonymous Just got it thanks so much! It looks like they pulled on 5/17 so i'll wait and see if i can pull again next week since they are offering free weekly credit reports still! thanks again for this info- so helpful!!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kp629 wrote:

@Anonymous Just got it thanks so much! It looks like they pulled on 5/17 so i'll wait and see if i can pull again next week since they are offering free weekly credit reports still! thanks again for this info- so helpful!!

@Kp629 Glad you found the information helpful and good luck after 6/17.  Just be forewarned that despite all the talk about 61-day CLIs it is still a relatively rare occurrence and most people get the 3X CLI from Amex after 180 days.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.