Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI without tax forms

tag
Ammer
New Contributor

Amex CLI without tax forms

Hi,

I just increased my wifes credit limit on her BCP from 20K to 50K. They approved it right away without any income verification, financial review or a request to fill out the 4506-T tax form. I requested 50K instead of 60K because I thought it's too much. Now I think that was stupid adn I should have gone for the 60K.

There are three possibilities why it went through like that:

1. good customer, always paid in full, member since 2013, high (self-) reported income

2. they changed their rules

3. they used the 4506-T they got from me last year when they raised my BCP limit from 22K to 65K

What do you think it was ?

Amex.png

Amex BCP (65.000), CapOne Venture ($50.000), Chase Sapphire Reserve ($45.000), Citi Double Cash ($26.000), Wells Fargo Amex WorldPropel (25.000), Amex SPG (25.000), Barclay American Airlines (22.500), Citi AA (19.700), Chase Amazon (12.500), Apple Card (15.000) Chase Freedom (5.400), Chase Freedom Unlimited (3.000), CapOne Quicksilver ($5.000), Chase Ink Cash (10.000), Amex EveryDay (1.000),
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI without tax forms

@Ammer wrote:

Hi,

I just increased my wifes credit limit on her BCP from 20K to 50K. They approved it right away without any income verification, financial review or a request to fill out the 4506-T tax form. I requested 50K instead of 60K because I thought it's too much. Now I think that was stupid adn I should have gone for the 60K.

There are three possibilities why it went through like that:

1. good customer, always paid in full, member since 2013, high (self-) reported income

2. they changed their rules

3. they used the 4506-T they got from me last year when they raised my BCP limit from 22K to 65K

What do you think it was ?

Amex.png

If your wife is on the tax forms you sumitted last year, then they most likely used that as a basis for approving the $50K

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is a combination of things. I've always said that once amex trusts someone it's smooth sailing ahead.
Message 3 of 6
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

There are no hard rules about CL caps with AmEx that I am aware of. There are obviously the rumors of a $25k or $35k cap, but it definitely doesn't apply to everyone.

And yes, if you and your wife file jointly I am sure they have everything they need from the 4506t request and tax transcripts they received from it. If you file separately, they must just really like her. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reason #3 makes the most sense.

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'm thinking it was the form they already had in combination with the joint filing. Nice that you didn't have to go through that.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.