Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI?

tag
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Amex CLI?

Hey everyone,

Dropped AMEX an email today asking about a credit line increase since they chopped mine from 13k to 6.5k a couple weeks ago. Mentioned I have been a member for 5 years and never missed a payment, etc. She sent me back a link to the "credit line increase request page" and said "they needed to get some more information". 

Does anyone know if this is going to trigger a hard pull? I'd like to get my credit line back up so my utility goes back down a little (carry a balance on the card).

Thanks!

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex CLI?

Amex is always a soft on EX for CLI.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can't get CLI or new amex cards for 6 months after having something negative happen to an amex account.
Message 3 of 9
sycotik
Valued Member

I called yesterday and the rep told me that all AMEX CLI requests will produce a hard inquiry.  Are you sure it is a soft?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe each Amex is handled differently wife requested a cli on delta and was told it would be a hard on EX...
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdtotten wrote:

Hey everyone,

Dropped AMEX an email today asking about a credit line increase since they chopped mine from 13k to 6.5k a couple weeks ago. Mentioned I have been a member for 5 years and never missed a payment, etc. She sent me back a link to the "credit line increase request page" and said "they needed to get some more information". 

Does anyone know if this is going to trigger a hard pull? I'd like to get my credit line back up so my utility goes back down a little (carry a balance on the card).

Thanks

Amex used to run a soft-pull on you for modest CLI's. But when they started changing policies back in March they change this as well so I'm afraid it will be a hard-pull. If you call them they will tell you the same. If your credit is fine you should get the increase and it's worth it. When they (Amex) gives you an increase it's not for $100 or $200 it for a nice sum. Good luck thoughSmiley Wink
King 
Message Edited by 74king on 06-20-2009 09:25 AM
Message 6 of 9
thevariable
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@cdtotten wrote:

Hey everyone,

Thanks

Amex used to run a soft-pull on you for modest CLI's. But when they started changing policies back in March they change this as well so I'm afraid it will be a hard-pull. If you call them they will tell you the same. If your credit is fine you should get the increase and it's worth it. When they (Amex) gives you an increase it's not for $100 or $200 it for a nice sum. Good luck thoughSmiley Wink
King 
Message Edited by 74king on 06-20-2009 09:25 AM

yep, just pulled my EX and it was a hard inq. I called AMEX, and they politely informed me that they have changed their policy regarding CLI. At least I got the CLI. Woohoo!

Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Becareful with the CLI requests with Amex. When they chopped of my CL on Blue I asked for the CLI and next thing they started FR on me and asked for my Tax Returns. I asked them to close all 3 Amex accounts I have with them. I am happy with my FIA/Soverign Amex card.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thevariable wrote:

yep, just pulled my EX and it was a hard inq. I called AMEX, and they politely informed me that they have changed their policy regarding CLI. At least I got the CLI. Woohoo!

Well thevariable I'm glad you received your increase as American Express can be a tad bit wacky sometimes especially since the policy changes they put in place this past March.
But as I stated before if your credit is fine you should get your increase and you did get yours, it's that hard-pull inquiry on your report instead of a soft-pull like they used too do that's a bit hard too swallow. 
Congrats once again on your increase.Smiley Wink
King 
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.