cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
Ravensfan899

Amex CLI

Last month I asked Amex for a CLI of 2x my cards limit and was approved. In my post I was made aware that with Amex you can request upto 3x the amount. So that was a missed opportunity. My question is how long do you have to wait to request another increase with Amex. 

9 REPLIES 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex CLI

181 days after an approval.  91 days after a denial.

Message 2 of 10
Ravensfan899

Thank you @K-in-Boston 

Message 3 of 10
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

My AMEX has been 91 days between approvals.  I had to wait 181 days before my first approval but after that 91 days.

Message 4 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

You received a customer-initiated credit line increase from Amex 3 months after being granted a previous customer-initiated credit line increase?   That would be a drastic change in years-old policy.  There are many of us here who got "we are unable to ... our policy requires 180 days between credit limit increases" (hence the oft-touted 181 days) letters in the mail for even asking a day early.

Message 5 of 10
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@DaWhole9  This would be a new data point for anyone. 181 days has always been reported and experienced by many of us. Can you do some quick research on your account that received the additional CLI at 91 days and report back here? It would be of great interest for the rest of us.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 6 of 10
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

Here is my dp for my AMEX account. Opened my account 1/22

First CLI 7/22

2nd CLI 10/22

3rd CLI 1/23

Message 7 of 10
Rogue46
Established Contributor

This thread reminded me I haven't asked for a CLI in awhile from amex so I just tried and nothing happens when I click "request credit line increase". It just reloads the page...   Anyone else have this issue?

Message 8 of 10
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

You received a customer-initiated credit line increase from Amex 3 months after being granted a previous customer-initiated credit line increase?   That would be a drastic change in years-old policy.  There are many of us here who got "we are unable to ... our policy requires 180 days between credit limit increases" (hence the oft-touted 181 days) letters in the mail for even asking a day early.

I have just over a week to get the 91 days from last cli. Think I will give it a spin for giggles since I've put some good spend on it and pif the last 3 months. Don't need it but why not, lol.

Message 9 of 10
Ravensfan899

Good luck! @Traveler101 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.