Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Card Offer got me a Platinum Card and a BCE cash back card

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
You're makin 300k and your still sportin 2 First Premier cards?. Slice and dice baby , slice and diceSmiley Wink

I thought that I had to keep them and cut the cards but had to keep them. So I have been afraid to get rid of them. But the more I read people have been tossing them as well as either converting or getting rid of their secured cards as well. For which I have two.

No need to keep at all.   Just a pointless AF.

But, why the BCE?   Your EDP covers supermarkets and gas at a better rate, especially if you manage your 30 swipes a month.

Offer farming is reason enough for me to keep my BCE open. I have spending alerts on it, and can call the Platinum CS line with any problems.

I do appreciate all of the education from everyone. Lets me see that I have alot to learn still. Thanks for the help.

Paging Themanwhocan  .... not to derail the thread, and no offense, but it sounds like we need to rework your entire wallet....... If you make 300k a year, well, I wont jump to think you are a millionaire. Maybe you live in a huge city and have high costs of living... Forget about the centurion...

Close both first premier cards tomorrow, or Monday if you want to wait (I really mean yesterday).  Discover IT, request increases monthly, but if the card is 90 days old, and your scores are not super low from CC's... take a HP and ask for the CL you want and need (of course wait if its secured)..  Its a rewards card, and with your income surely it is maxed out sometimes...until then PIF any card like that before statement cut date, and any others you can afford to that arent 0%.

Does you capital one qs1 have an annual fee?  Get on chat, ask for an interest rate reduction, hopefully permanent, and a conversion to the no annual fee one.  Before that, reallocate your limits.  That way you can also ask for a visa signature upgrade.  Put all your limits to the oldest card, and just convert to quicksilver.  Unless for some reason one of them has a super low interest rate and you have older cards than the cap1s.

WF every 6 months do an increase, but it will probably cost you a HP, so dont bother.  Go for the propel world when you have not opened many acconts in the last 6 months, assuming you have opened more than 5 major credit cards in those last 24 months, otherwise there are better bonuses to be had.

What was your exact offer on the amex BCE and platinum? Hopefully you got good ones, and you can reallocate credit limit from your other amex card assuming its 13 months old.  Look up amex 3x cli if you wish.

Anyway I am not saying go crazy opening cards, but come in with an approach.  Get as much bang for your buck as you can.  Your scores are just about perfect and you will be able to get just about anything soon, congrats on the approvals.

WF: $500 - First Premier Bank: $625 - First Premier Bank: $700 - Discoverit: $800 - CapOne: $1001 - CapOne V1 2k - CapOne QS1: $4,500 - Amex BCE 5k - Amex EDC: $10k - Amex Platinum Card - BCU CB 10k

Starting Score: Ex 450 - Eq 420 - TU 405
Current Score: Ex 649 - Eq 694 - TU 677
Goal Score: 700 --- Taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge and Garden Club 2017

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although $300K is an AMAZING income, I don't think it's enough to sport a Centurion Card.
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not really familiar with the card offers from Amex, but I thought. Lets try it and see how it goes. I was approved for both. I think I dont need any other Amex card. Maybe the Centurion if I can up my income in the next 2-5 years.

as an AU I can tell you that it will have to be upped a bit. There is no real functional use for the centurion. It's more for a safety net if you really need to make a large purchase, unless you really live that kind of life where you can use it for every purchase and disregard your other ccs. Do you really need it or do you just want it as a status symbol? If the latter plently of other cards will suffice such as the Ritz.

Message 13 of 26
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not really familiar with the card offers from Amex, but I thought. Lets try it and see how it goes. I was approved for both. I think I dont need any other Amex card. Maybe the Centurion if I can up my income in the next 2-5 years.

as an AU I can tell you that it will have to be upped a bit. There is no real functional use for the centurion. It's for a safety net if you really need to make a large purchase. Do you really need it or do you just want it as a status symbol? If the latter plently of other cards will suffice such as the Ritz.

It is a little odd that in America...a country where the Platinum is easily obtainable (it doesn't require enormous spend, income, or spectacular credit) and offers most of the same benefits, we have so many people eager for a Centurion.

On FT, some foreigners are puzzled. The perk disparity between foreign Platinum and foreign Centurion cards I believe is generally larger than in the US...yet the card doesn't have the same eager following abroad.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol just have a custom made leather wallet embossed with 21st Centurian member and park that heavy Plat insideSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

as an AU I can tell you that it will have to be upped a bit. There is no real functional use for the centurion. It's for a safety net if you really need to make a large purchase. Do you really need it or do you just want it as a status symbol? If the latter plently of other cards will suffice such as the Ritz.

It is a little odd that in America...a country where the Platinum is easily obtainable (it doesn't require enormous spend, income, or spectacular credit) and offers most of the same benefits, we have so many people eager for a Centurion.

On FT, some foreigners are puzzled. The perk disparity between foreign Platinum and foreign Centurion cards I believe is generally larger than in the US...yet the card doesn't have the same eager following abroad.

>>>Status symbol<<<

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elleon, With all due respect  you need a wallet and banking makeover.   My first suggestion if you not a private banking client already try to become one.  Where I live $300K will get you in. Unless you are in very high cost of living area you should be able to get it.   Your acount manager can get the top self card that bank offers with a $25K limit.   No sweat.   I personally at different times have been a private banking client of two majors banks.  What that department can do violates most of your banking beliefs. Walk in and 15 minutes later walk out with $25 to $50K check in hand.  

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ +1
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
You're makin 300k and your still sportin 2 First Premier cards?. Slice and dice baby , slice and diceSmiley Wink

+1

Message 19 of 26
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

>>>Status symbol<<<

Exactly...when there's so much demand for the US Cent as a status symbol, Amex doesn't need to bother (or spend the money on benefits) to make it significantly better than US Plat.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.