Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charge Card Balance

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Charge Card Balance

Some of you crack me up.... Use the hell out of your charge card and ride their money for 30-45 days. If my statement cuts on the 14th and due on the 24th it gets paid in full on the 23rd.... Amex frowns upon mutipal payments per month. I have this first hand knowlage from very high level amex officer. She said the only time we needed to make an early payment is if we triggered the internal cap. She said as the average amount of your payments go down your spending limit goes down. She said why would we let you charge 5k when your avg payment is only 3-5oo dollars? if you have always made low payments a big charge or lots of charges hit then we will shut you down. She said. Mr Popham use your card the way you want. Pay the bill when it comes due THE END... She stated that If I did that there is a 98% chance I would never find the internal limit. She has been right. Now older myfico members know our histroy with amex, my sole goal in life is to piss them off... No if and's or but's about it. Thats my goal. My wife had her card for 5+years and spent normal spending on it, She was paying it weekly, I was playing with the check spending tool, we bought her new wedding ring with it and bamn, FR and closed the card. So I got a PRG in my name just to screw with them, Ive bought lots of guns, ammo, pawnshop, liquor store and walmart on the card. (just those) and nothing. I spent almost 7k on a new gun a few months ago and they didnt flinch. They like you using the card and making a single payment. IMO

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 21 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Ha; your spending sounds like my husbands spending. He didn't buy a 7k gun though... I would flip out if he did that.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 23
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

Some of you crack me up.... Use the hell out of your charge card and ride their money for 30-45 days. If my statement cuts on the 14th and due on the 24th it gets paid in full on the 23rd.... Amex frowns upon mutipal payments per month. I have this first hand knowlage from very high level amex officer. She said the only time we needed to make an early payment is if we triggered the internal cap. She said as the average amount of your payments go down your spending limit goes down. She said why would we let you charge 5k when your avg payment is only 3-5oo dollars? if you have always made low payments a big charge or lots of charges hit then we will shut you down. She said. Mr Popham use your card the way you want. Pay the bill when it comes due THE END... She stated that If I did that there is a 98% chance I would never find the internal limit. She has been right. Now older myfico members know our histroy with amex, my sole goal in life is to piss them off... No if and's or but's about it. Thats my goal. My wife had her card for 5+years and spent normal spending on it, She was paying it weekly, I was playing with the check spending tool, we bought her new wedding ring with it and bamn, FR and closed the card. So I got a PRG in my name just to screw with them, Ive bought lots of guns, ammo, pawnshop, liquor store and walmart on the card. (just those) and nothing. I spent almost 7k on a new gun a few months ago and they didnt flinch. They like you using the card and making a single payment. IMO

This, I normally pay mine on the 1st or 2nd of the month when it's due on the 6th.

The whole point is to float charges and let you're money work for you.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.