Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charge Card POT???

tag
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Charge Card POT???

You can have as many items as you want in the POT as long as the items are over a $100 or More

As you make purchases it automatically gets put in the pot balance and only stops when u go over your POT Limit....Once you go over your POT limit the charges get put into your charge card balance and need to be PIF....
Message 11 of 14
redpat
Senior Contributor

@MrDFinance wrote:
In my opinion this is AMEX slowly experimenting with starting to phase out thier charge cards....

They are already the only ones doing charge cards...

Charge cards make them no money in interest since they have to be paid in full and In the UK they have already converted the gold card into a regular card and removed the gold charge card variant from their site.......

I see the Platinum perhaps staying around as a charge card but definitely the green (Green needs to just go away IMO) and gold being converted into a credit card in the future.....

That could be said for any credit card, many don't carry balances and PIF by the due date.  Just because you have a Amex credit card doesn't mean you have to pay them interest.  The UK & EU have different merchant rules for merchant fees.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 12 of 14
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

I stand corrected, it's based on YMMV.  Per the website:

"Generally, you can have up to 10 active plans at a time per eligible American Express account but your ability to initiate new plans is based on a variety of factors such as your creditworthiness or your Credit Limit. Also, you will not be able to initiate new plans if you enroll into a debt management program, if you make a payment that is returned unpaid, if your Account is delinquent, or if your Account is cancelled."

Also, 'plan' means 1 purchase.  "Only one purchase may be placed into a plan." 

Message 13 of 14
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

LOLFR(LAUGHING OUT LOUD FOR REAL)  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.