cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charge Cards - Firm 'Due Date' Starting January 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changes to American Express Charge cards.

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

"Basically, you cant pay before statement date anymore, you have to pay at or before the due date." Where did you read this?

Poorly worded. What i meant to say is that, you will now be charged a late fee if you dont pay your statement balance at or before the due date. We were usually able to pay before the statement cuts.

I have no problems with them changing the terms related to when payment is due.  What I'm hoping for is to be allowed to change my due date.  Mine is due on the 1st of every month and would like it to change to  of the 14th month like my ED card and BCP. 

Message 31 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

"Basically, you cant pay before statement date anymore, you have to pay at or before the due date." Where did you read this?

Poorly worded. What i meant to say is that, you will now be charged a late fee if you dont pay your statement balance at or before the due date. We were usually able to pay before the statement cuts.

To make it even clearer (I hope)

You will now be charged a late fee if you dont pay your statement balance at or before the due date. Previously you could pay as late as (just before) the NEXT statement cut

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

To make it even clearer (I hope)

You will now be charged a late fee if you dont pay your statement balance at or before the due date. Previously you could pay as late as (just before) the NEXT statement cut

That's the great part about this forum.  If UncleB hadn't not posted this change, then I would not have probably noticed it until getting hit with a late fee. .  Can you image how many card members will probably be hit with late fees next month by assuming nothing has changed by not looking closely at their statement.

Message 33 of 38
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

I have no problems with them changing the terms related to when payment is due.  What I'm hoping for is to be allowed to change my due date.  Mine is due on the 1st of every month and would like it to change to  of the 14th month like my ED card and BCP. 

Pooka said in the other thread that once the change goes into effect you'll be able to get the due date changed.  Smiley Very Happy

(I had the same concern.)  Smiley Wink

Here's a link to Pooka's post:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Charge-Cards-Firm-Due-Date-Starting-January-2017/m-p/4799919#M1397575

Message 34 of 38
red259
Super Contributor

So as of Jan the please pay by date is now the actual due date? Are they giving us more time to pay? The turn around on when we have to pay the charge card is shorter than revolvers. This just discourages me from using the charge card at all because I prefer the extra time I get with revolvers. I have a pretty large amount due on my charge card this month and I did not pay by the please pay by date but intend to pay before statement cut. Since this goes into effect in Jan I assume I will be fine making a payment later this month?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

So as of Jan the please pay by date is now the actual due date? Are they giving us more time to pay? The turn around on when we have to pay the charge card is shorter than revolvers. This just discourages me from using the charge card at all because I prefer the extra time I get with revolvers. I have a pretty large amount due on my charge card this month and I did not pay by the please pay by date but intend to pay before statement cut. Since this goes into effect in Jan I assume I will be fine making a payment later this month?

If you log on it will tell you what the statement cut date is.  As my "pay by date" has been the 1st, the statement date at least for this month is still the 17th.

Message 36 of 38
driftless
Valued Contributor

I have already changed my due date and I see my statement date has now shifted to reflect that change. From ~ the 26th/27th to Jan. 2nd.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 37 of 38
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Charge Cards - Firm 'Due Date' Starting January 2017

If you enrol in pay over time, it pushes out your due date by 10 days. So the grace period becomes 25 days.

Only do this when they offer you 10k MR for signing up.
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.