cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charge Cards and Revovler cards. What is the difference?

tag
JMills
Frequent Contributor

Amex Charge Cards and Revovler cards. What is the difference?

I have been reading on this forumn about charge cards and revolver cards for AMex? What is the difference between the two. If you can, can I have a list of Charge Cards and  and a list of Revolver cards. Thanks in advance

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Charge Cards and Revovler cards. What is the difference?

@JMills wrote:

I have been reading on this forumn about charge cards and revolver cards for AMex? What is the difference between the two. If you can, can I have a list of Charge Cards and  and a list of Revolver cards. Thanks in advance

Charge card you pay in full each month with no interest

Credit Cards you "can" revolve the balance month to month with minimum payments if you wish.

If you go to Americanexpress.com you can look at "ALL" Personal cards and it will show you charge and credit.

Message 2 of 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@JMills wrote:

Charge cards use the MR rewards system and require you to PIF each month. It's called No Preset Spending Limit (NPSL), so what you're allowed to charge will change as their computers get to know your spending habits/patterns.

Revolvers are essentially like other credit cards. There is a set limit or CL, and you can charge up to that amount. You don't need to PIF every month (although you should), and whatever balance isn't paid off that month revolve into the next month (with interest). Revolvers have varying rewards programs. Some offer cash, others MR, while others still offer points or miles in specific loyalty programs.

Charge cards: Green, Gold, PRG, Plat, Cent

Revolvers: BCE/BCP, SPG, MB, Delta Gold/Plat/Reserve, Hilton, Hilton Surpass, etc.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JMills wrote:

Credit Cards you "can" revolve the balance month to month with minimum payments if you wish.

If you go to Americanexpress.com you can look at "ALL" Personal cards and it will show you charge and credit.

+1

And an array of Business Cards as well.

Message 4 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JMills wrote:

+1 Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 7
JMills
Frequent Contributor

Ok Thank You so Much, what does +1 mean? you agree to what the person said?

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JMills wrote:

Ok Thank You so Much, what does +1 mean? you agree to what the person said?

Correct.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.