Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charge Due Date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Charge Due Date

Got my online statement this morning.  Been worried about what my due date would be.  Origninally the suggested pay by date was the 1st of each month, now it is the 11th of each month.  Did not see an option to change payment date on the website however.  I can work with the 11th much better than the 1st.

Have a great week everyone.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Charge Due Date

FYI - I changed my due date from the 11th to the 17th via the chat module. If you want to change your due date all it takes is a quick call or chat.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:
FYI - I changed my due date from the 11th to the 17th via the chat module. If you want to change your due date all it takes is a quick call or chat.

Thanks Driftless.  I'll go on chat and request the change.

Message 3 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

+1

I also got my e-statement this AM as well... my new "due date" is the 10th. 

Like Kaykay I can work with that much better than the previous 'please' date (which was the end of the month) but I will still be chatting with them to have it changed to the middle of the month like most of my other cards.  Smiley Very Happy

Sidenote:  this was also the first month I've ever had usage significant enough to trigger the 'pay over time'... while I didn't have any trouble understanding the bill it's quite a bit 'busier' than the old non-POT format, and will take some getting used to.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

+1

Like Kaykay I can work with that much better than the previous 'please' date (which was the end of the month) but I will still be chatting with them to have it changed to the middle of the month like most of my other cards.  Smiley Very Happy

Sidenote:  this was also the first month I've ever had usage significant enough to trigger the 'pay over time'... while I didn't have any trouble understanding the bill it's quite a bit 'busier' than the old non-POT format, and will take some getting used to.  Smiley Happy

Congrats UncleB on qualifying for the Pay Over Time feature.  I haven't gotten there yet.  I went on chat and starting after January my due date will go from the 11th to the 17th of the month.

Message 5 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Is this something new? I didnt notice any change to my pay by date.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibmrad7 wrote:

This is for the charge cards.  The other cards still have the same due dates, but I believe the date can be changed for those also.

Message 7 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

This is for the charge cards.  The other cards still have the same due dates, but I believe the date can be changed for those also.

I have a Platinum and Zync. No changes on either one.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about the Zync, but the Platinum changed starting January 1st.

Message 9 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

+1

Congrats UncleB on qualifying for the Pay Over Time feature.  I haven't gotten there yet.  I went on chat and starting after January my due date will go from the 11th to the 17th of the month.

Thanks! 

Actually, to be honest I kind of "shot myself in the foot"... when I was activating the card I got a pop-up telling me I was eligible and asking me if I wanted to activate it, and of course I selected 'yes' (since "back in the day" when I had a Green card for years they never offered it to me). 

Little did I know that had I selected 'no' that later on many people on here would report getting an offer for MR points to add the feature (I had no such offer).  So while I was excited and thought I was 'special' I actually cheated myself out of some extra MR's.  Smiley Frustrated

Moral to the story:  unless you really plan to actively use it (which with its fairly high APR isn't advisable anyway) I would pass unless they throw in some MR points.  Smiley Wink 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.