Re: Amex - Chopped!

@youngandcreditwrthy

How often do you rotate your cards?
"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 11 of 39
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

What do you mean "rotate"?for the past few months, I've been using Amex BCE/Delta Gold for roughly 70-80% of my expenses.
I'm really working on keeping stuff on BCE bc I don't like have small amounts of rewards on a bunch of diff cards lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 39
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I should state that we DID keep my Wife's Delta Gold. Did this for the free checked bags when we travel...

We just did not need two of them.  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 39
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Goood Rockinray!!!! It's a great card- so far! Im using my free checked bag to upgrade to "economy comfort" I got a window seat at the front of the plane! With no one sitting in front of me!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 39
CS800
Super Contributor

Wonder if I can get my BCE PCed to the Delta Gold

Message 15 of 39
chnceit
Valued Contributor

AMEX told me that you can transfer CLs around as long as the account you are transferring to is 12 months old and new account is at least 6 months old. If I remember correctly.

But here is another page that talks about transferring CLs

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-quot-Transfer-available-credit-to-another-Card-quo...

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 39
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Did they try to retain you as a customer? IMO, AmEx customer service is not as good as Discover or Chase.

Message 17 of 39
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Did they try to retain you as a customer? IMO, AmEx customer service is not as good as Discover or Chase.

I still have the Costco Amex with them. No retension needed!

I have been a happy Amex member since 1979...

Ray

Message 18 of 39
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I would have loved to have your AMEX!! too bad ther's no such thing as creditcardswap.com (i.e Leaseswap.com) or something Smiley Very Happy

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 19 of 39
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

I would have loved to have your AMEX!! too bad ther's no such thing as creditcardswap.com (i.e Leaseswap.com) or something Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Surprised

Ray

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.