09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex - Chopped!

Message 31 of 39
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I wanted to follow up on this...

Yesterday, I was able to move $20,500 from the BCE card to the Costco Amex. I will close the BCE card this week.

In two weeks, I will move $4500 from the Delta Gold to the Costco Amex. I will then close the Delta Card as my wife has one and we do not need two of them!

Then, my CL on the Costco Amex will be $30k which was my goal.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 32 of 39
JonStur
Established Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I wanted to follow up on this...

Yesterday, I was able to move $20,500 from the BCE card to the Costco Amex. I will close the BCE card this week.

In two weeks, I will move $4500 from the Delta Gold to the Costco Amex. I will then close the Delta Card as my wife has one and we do not need two of them!

Then, my CL on the Costco Amex will be $30k which was my goal.

Lots of people can learn this...it's all about planning and execution!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 33 of 39
score_building
Senior Contributor

Must've missed something...thought accounts had been closed...how can OP reallocate?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 34 of 39
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

After I spoke with them on the phone to close my accounts, I sent them a follow up secure email asking them if this reallocation could be done. I was told reallocation could be done, but I had to wait for the Costco Amex to age to 60 days which at the time it had not.

So, the accounts remained open until I got to 60 days on the Costco card. While I requested an account closing, it had not processed when they received my email.

It's strange, as of today my CL shows with Amex:

1. Costco Amex; $25,500

2. BCE; $24,100 - I asked to move $20,500 from this card.

3. Delta Amex; $5000

Maybe the change on the BCE line will change in a few days but as it stands now, it shows still available to use on my online account.

Since I have been a member since 1979, I guess "membership does have its privileges"!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Message 35 of 39
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

After I spoke with them on the phone to close my accounts, I sent them a follow up secure email asking them if this reallocation could be done. I was told reallocation could be done, but I had to wait for the Costco Amex to age to 60 days which at the time it had not.

So, the accounts remained open until I got to 60 days on the Costco card. While I requested an account closing, it had not processed when they received my email.

1. Costco Amex; $25,500

3. Delta Amex; $5000

Maybe the change on the BCE line will change in a few days but as it stands now, it shows still available to use on my online account.

Since I have been a member since 1979, I guess "membership does have its privileges"!  Smiley Happy

Yikes 1979?? My parents had a plan for me then lol

Message 36 of 39
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

That's okay CS...my mother was 19, while my dad was 33 and likely still in his previous marriage in '79! I wasn't even close to a twinkle yet! XD
Message 37 of 39
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

1. Costco Amex; $25,500

3. Delta Amex; $5000

Yikes 1979?? My parents had a plan for me then lol

I am old.... No, wait, I am not old!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Message 38 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.