Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Classic Delta Skymiles

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Amex Classic Delta Skymiles

Does anyone have this card or know anyone who does?  I'd never even heard of it before it popped up in an old thread I was reading today.  I have no interest in going for it; I just thought it was interesting.  It looks like the application is still available:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/applycard/us/personal-card/api/dal/delta-skymiles-clas...

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dta
New Contributor

Re: Amex Classic Delta Skymiles

$55 per year gets you 2x on Delta purchases and 20% off on in-flight purchases. That's really all it has over the new no-AF EveryDay card, which earns MR points that can transfer to Delta and 2x at grocery stores. No checked bag allowances on either. The EveryDay also gives you 10,000 MR points at signup.
Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 2 of 7
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@dta wrote:
$55 per year gets you 2x on Delta purchases and 20% off on in-flight purchases. That's really all it has over the new no-AF EveryDay card, which earns MR points that can transfer to Delta and 2x at grocery stores. No checked bag allowances on either. The EveryDay also gives you 10,000 MR points at signup.

I never said I thought it was worth going for; rather I'm curious because I've never once seen someone who mentioned having it.  Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 7
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I would imagine it's there for a small niche. Delta will waive the MQD requirements if you spend $25K per year on an Amex co branded Delta card and this one is the cheap version. The Gold or Platinum versions are considerably better for a little more AF and the Platinum rewards you for spend levels with MQM earning. MQM plus exempt MQD earns you Medallion status. But I am still scratching my head as if you are seeking Medallion levels you are better off with other cards. 

Message 4 of 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

Does anyone have this card or know anyone who does?  I'd never even heard of it before it popped up in an old thread I was reading today.  I have no interest in going for it; I just thought it was interesting.  It looks like the application is still available:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/applycard/us/personal-card/api/dal/delta-skymiles-clas...

I realize this thread is several months old, but I received a "Not Everyone is Getting This Email" from Delta Airlines regarding the new 2015 Skymiles member's program and saw this card offered as one to apply for in the email. I've never seen that card before either. I always thought the Gold was the lower level of the Amex Deltas. So yes, even now the application is still available for this card, but you have to look for it or get it via another source. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

It's available through the Delta site only. Not listed on Amex. No priority boarding. No checked bag. No companion pass. 

Message 6 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

It's available through the Delta site only. Not listed on Amex. No priority boarding. No checked bag. No companion pass. 

This is correct as Burned said. a friend of mine does have it. he is just so cheap to pay AF. thats why he has. i beleive he told me he just pays 5 dollars each month. and just use it as a no thrills card. in his mind. all credit cards the same. including Amex. he has a high limit. about 20k on it. so he is ok with just the 55. he also has the old discover more. no thrills again. i think 1 percent on everything. geez. he is really a miser. Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.