Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Consolidation

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Amex Consolidation

As stated before, I've gotta zero use out of my Amex Delta since I got it, I paid my rent got the bonus and that's been it. I use heavily and PIF my Hilton like a mad man. I know the CL allocation with Amex is that the donor card must be 13 months, so if I was to roll the Delta CL into the Hilton AFTER I pay the AF, would the refund it? Also, is there any significant difference between the no-AF Hilton and the Surpass that would make it worth upgrading?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Consolidation

@icyhot wrote:
As stated before, I've gotta zero use out of my Amex Delta since I got it, I paid my rent got the bonus and that's been it. I use heavily and PIF my Hilton like a mad man. I know the CL allocation with Amex is that the donor card must be 13 months, so if I was to roll the Delta CL into the Hilton AFTER I pay the AF, would the refund it? Also, is there any significant difference between the no-AF Hilton and the Surpass that would make it worth upgrading?

You should get a pro-rata refund for the rest of the AF that you did not use. In terms of the no-Af hilton and the surpass you should look at your spend. With the surpass you earn at a better rate and there are some other benefits like if you need gold status etc. Also, if you don't want to do a new app for the bonus I would wait and see if there is an upgrade offer that you can get some extra points by upgrading. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.