Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Corporate card and job

tag
kisbel65
New Contributor

Amex Corporate card and job

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site. Been trying to improve credit since July 08 and it has been a challenge. Then I got downsized in dec and have spent almost 5 months searching for a new job. I got an offer today and am really excited, but a little scared. I had an american corporate card before with my other job, but that was seven years ago. Fast forward to today and my scores are still not where they should be....see below. I really need this job, what are my chances to get a Amex Corporate Card. Since it is in the companies name (big company) will I be approved?

EQ: 540

TU:  555

EXP: 655 (not thru FICO, thru their FAKO score)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Corporate card and job

Does AMEX require employee AU's to qualify on the corp accounts?

Message 2 of 9
kisbel65
New Contributor

I had to fill out a credit card application. Is that what you mean by authorization? I had to do that when I applied in 2002 as well. I chose to start cleaning up my credit about 8 months ago, so I know that my credit was not that great in 2002 also. 
Message 3 of 9
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@kisbel65 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site. Been trying to improve credit since July 08 and it has been a challenge. Then I got downsized in dec and have spent almost 5 months searching for a new job. I got an offer today and am really excited, but a little scared. I had an american corporate card before with my other job, but that was seven years ago. Fast forward to today and my scores are still not where they should be....see below. I really need this job, what are my chances to get a Amex Corporate Card. Since it is in the companies name (big company) will I be approved?

EQ: 540

TU:  555

EXP: 655 (not thru FICO, thru their FAKO score)

Hello kisbel65,

The company is actually the guarantor of the corporate cards. You should be fine.

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 4 of 9
the1picard
Established Member

I got an AMEX corporate card for work and from what I can see on my credit report the card didn't show up as an account but I did get a HARD pull when I applied (even though my company is responsible for the card).  No one told me that I would get a hard pull either when I applied.  I would rather have used my own card(s), got the miles, and be reimbursed rather than take a hard pull and not get any credit for having a charge card.
07/21/07 TU: 642 EQ: 680 EX: 675
10/19/07 TU: 648 EQ: 682 EX: 682
01/20/09 TU: 679 EQ: 675 EX: 699
05/05/09 TU: 682 EQ: 675
Message 5 of 9
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@the1picard wrote:
I got an AMEX corporate card for work and from what I can see on my credit report the card didn't show up as an account but I did get a HARD pull when I applied (even though my company is responsible for the card).  No one told me that I would get a hard pull either when I applied.  I would rather have used my own card(s), got the miles, and be reimbursed rather than take a hard pull and not get any credit for having a charge card.

Sorry to hear that (about the hard pull). My employer does not pull employee credit reports. Corp cards were required for extensive travel as the cards were linked to the expense reporting system.

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 6 of 9
MattH
Senior Contributor

@the1picard wrote:

I don't recall whether they pulled my CR when I got my Corporate card, because I've been with my current employer for almost 11 years (started July 1998).  As in your case, my Amex Corporate Card does not appear on my credit history (of course my personal Amex Gold Card does).  My Corporate Card is tied into our Travel and Expense system so gets paid automatically.  I am required to use my Corporate Card for all travel expenses unless a vendor does not take Amex; they insist on this because under their contract with Amex my employers get certain discounts only if at least X percent of total spend is run through the Corporate Card.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 7 of 9
the1picard
Established Member

I don't think the Amex was required by the firm but it was "highly recommended" that you get one.  The card is tied into our expense reporting system and makes expense reporting much easier.
07/21/07 TU: 642 EQ: 680 EX: 675
10/19/07 TU: 648 EQ: 682 EX: 682
01/20/09 TU: 679 EQ: 675 EX: 699
05/05/09 TU: 682 EQ: 675
Message 8 of 9
kisbel65
New Contributor

OP here: I forgot to mention that on my credit file the AMEX I had with my previous employer does not appear.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.