Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Costco TrueEarning

tag
AC0308
Established Member

Amex Costco TrueEarning

Hi All - 

I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some feedback. I've recently began to pay off my accumulated debt and I currently owe 2,807 out of 5,450.  More specifically I have My Amex charged right to the limit since I've been focusing on paying off the cards that have interest. The Amex has been open since 6/13. Anyway, I'm now interested in applying for the Costco card, but I'm guessing I should wait until all my balances are way lower, especially on the amex?

Just throwing it out there Forgive me if I don't make any sense or am in correct in how/where I am posting this.

Thanks!

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Amex TrueEarnings - 3,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Costco TrueEarning

Have you hit the 61 days CLI from Amex yet?

Message 2 of 15
AC0308
Established Member

Yes, and I was shot down, but at that time all of my cards were maxed out. In my defense I've never made a late payment on anything. lol

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 3 of 15
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

So you already have one AMEX near your CL and other TL reporting a balance? Now you wish to apply for the AMEX TE, is that correct?

It appears you have already maxed out the AMEX within six months. If that's correct I'd wait to apply and focus on lowering your balances.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 4 of 15
AC0308
Established Member

Yes. I have my Amex that is near it's limit, but I am constantly paying on it and charging more. I run all my cash through it. The only other balance I have showing is 832 on the chase card. The Cap1 and Elan card all paid off.

I'm thinking that Amex would laugh in my face at this point, and I should pay off the remaining chase and lower my balance on my amex before trying anything...

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 5 of 15
AC0308
Established Member

I should also mention that I'm aggressively paying these off, so the Chase card will have a zero balance as of Feb 1 and  I can have the Amex paid off by 3/15/14

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 6 of 15
titanofold
Established Contributor

Wait until you pay off your cards. Let 1 card report a balance of 1% - 9% of it's CL. Once you've reached that, apply and you'll be looking just about as good as you can look.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 7 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

@titanofold wrote:

Wait until you pay off your cards. Let 1 card report a balance of 1% - 9% of it's CL. Once you've reached that, apply and you'll be looking just about as good as you can look.

+1

Message 8 of 15
AC0308
Established Member

Thanks for the feedback. I believe I knew that would be best, but I just needed to hear it from someone else! Out of curiousity, would it hurt to try now anyway? My understanding is that it would be a soft pull?

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 9 of 15
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@titanofold wrote:

+1. If you apply now with all the balances and the near maxed out credit card, Amex will think you're desperate for credit and that's not a good thing. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.