cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Credit Line Reduction& Pushing out of unwanted customers by Amex.

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Credit Line Reduction& Pushing out of unwanted customers by Amex.

I doubt it has anything to do with being blacklisted. I burned amex for $11k in 99 and they just approved me for a new card a couple of months ago.

Message 11 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry OP but I feel AmX had to reduce their risk. You are at 65% UT and you have been carrying an extremely high balance for a couple of months.

AmX loves huge payments and a UT that is reasonable.

How is your UT on other CCs?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

By balance chasing you, Amex is reducing their risk.  If this was a case of just shutting you out due to a previous blacklist, I'm pretty sure they would just close your account.

I agree. The previous charge off may have increased the chances of the balance chasing but if Amex really wanted to end the relationship. They would have found some loophole and just closed the account.

There's no need for them to find any loophole to close an account. Issuers have the right to terminate your account with or without a reason at any time. Amex may have had to "accept" the previous cardholders, but that means nothing about keeping them. They are free to have whatever standards they want and to terminate accounts or lower limits whenever they want.

As far as the OP's issue, it's not all that surprising. Large balances being carried tend to make someone a candidate for CLD with any bank, but especially with prior poor history. Try not to take it personal OP, it's just computer based decisions that will probably be occuring more frequently as the economy slows.

Would creating a new account so that I may upvote this again be a violation of my Fico terms and conditions?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.