Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Credit Reallocation

tag
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Credit Reallocation

I called already a few minutes ago and the credit reallocation was approved instantly. I then closed the BCE. I see no point keeping it open because I wasn't going to use it having the Everyday Preferred. Also as a side bonus come October if they approve my CLI request then I'll have another card with a credit line north of 10k

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 11 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah Amex is an oddball when it comes to reallocation.  I realize this isn't my thread, but I just got off the phone with them again after getting a letter in the mail that my "reallocation of credit from HHonors Surpass is denied because the acct is too young."  WTH, I've asked them twice to move the credit from Delta Gold ($5500 of $6k) to HHonors ($2k).  First my 13th statement hadn't cut, ok I understand.  Then when it does cut, I get this letter that essentially has my request reversed.  So I call and the CSR said I requested on May 17 but the acct was open May 20 Apr 20 - would have been nice of them to point that out on May 17 lol.  Anyways, I put in a request with a friendly underwriter, if this doesn't work I'll just close Delta Gold.

Rant done...OP proceed at your own risk!

Message 12 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Jayb5635 wrote:
I called already a few minutes ago and the credit reallocation was approved instantly. I then closed the BCE. I see no point keeping it open because I wasn't going to use it having the Everyday Preferred. Also as a side bonus come October if they approve my CLI request then I'll have another card with a credit line north of 10k

Congrats!  I'm glad some things are done easily Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Lol I'm sorry they're giving you a hassle and I agree they should have pointed out that it was a couple days early. I suppose that's why it's best for us to research this stuff on our own via crowd sourced into such as these forums

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 14 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:

Too late but the other tiny reason to keep it open (which is why I have my BCE still) is for the Amex special offers, ($5 of $25 of gas for example).  You can get them (using tabs) for each card in your account.   But the gain is small.

Don't see what the 10K has to do with closing, more with the transfer of CL.

Message 15 of 17
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

I don't care so much for the special offers because my wife has the BCP so she can make use of them, and that's good enough for me. Should have mentioned she had that card. As for the 10k, I meant that since it's now 4500 if they triple it I'll be over 10k, whereas if it would have stayed at 2k I would have gotten at most 6k come October. Not saying it's a big deal, but just a thought

Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jayb5635 wrote:
I don't care so much for the special offers because my wife has the BCP so she can make use of them, and that's good enough for me. Should have mentioned she had that card. As for the 10k, I meant that since it's now 4500 if they triple it I'll be over 10k, whereas if it would have stayed at 2k I would have gotten at most 6k come October. Not saying it's a big deal, but just a thought

Right, I just meant that's true once you transfer the CL, whether or not you then close the card.   But I understand.  I'm keeping the BCE for no very good reason!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.