myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Customer Service

Beep....Beep....Beep

Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Not that it matters,
But Amex's outsourced reps are some of the best imo...
I almost always get tricked into thinking they are nearly native US speakers!
Globalization ain't all that bad yall... I mean, let's get real... You wanna fight for a call center job? Lol

:-) to each his own!!👍👍😌😄😄😄

If they are the best I don't want to hear the worst.

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haha I knew LS' would like that 😝
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Am I the only one annoyed by the beeping on the phone when you talk to a CSR that indicates the line is being recorded?

Why do I feel like I'm doing something wrong by calling CS when I hear those beeps...lol?Smiley Frustrated

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 17
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Am I the only one annoyed by the beeping on the phone when you talk to a CSR that indicates the line is being recorded?

Having a beep anywhere is annoying but in some locations, required by law.  I use secured messaging via the websites whenever I need info from AMEX or anyone else.  Problem solved. 

Message 15 of 17
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

This is why I love Chase.  "My name is John Doe, and you're calling the Sapphire center based in Poodunk Idaho, how may I help you?".  AMEX has been lacking with their first line reps though, especially on recon (which is non-existant).

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 16 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Discover is better than Chase and Amex with Customer Service :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.