Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Declined My Application

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Denied My Application

@amdm2013 wrote:

Just an update on my Capital One application. It got denied and they told me to wait for the letter and appeal or re-apply after 30 days.

I think it was because I had too many inquiries. Guess, I'm running out of luck! Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear of this 

Check into the garden for awhile 

Make a plan of the cards you want and with time they will be approved 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry about the denial. Give it sometime to let the inq's age a bit before applying for more cc's.
Message 22 of 29
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all your feedback, just wish I had known of this forum a few months ago. I guess I was too itchy and greedy Smiley Sad

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 23 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 24 of 29
Carolis

Hello amdm2013,

I realize this thread hasn't been active in quite a while, but hopefully, you'll notice my message, nonetheless. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm also a non-US citizen, currently in the process of building my credit score, and found your descriptions very informative.

It seems you know your credit scores with all three leading bureaus seeing you list them in the bottom column of your postings. I wondered how you managed to get your scores from Transunion and Equifax. I had been told that only Experian was providing people with their report, and only if one requested it by mail. On the other side, Transunion and Equifax will collect all relevant information as well, but won't send you your score unless you have a SSN. Is this information incorrect based on your personal experience? 

Many, many thanks in advance for your feedback and best of luck in your credit card endeavors!

Message 25 of 29
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Hi Carolis. At that time i did not have an SSN. I got it in Dec. I really never requested for my credit reports for EQ and TU without an SSN because last year I was only interested in EX, which AmEx pulls from.

Since I got my SSN, I managed to get all the cards in my signature.

Goodluck in your credit building. This forum has massive info to learn from and without it I would have never got all these CC's.
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 26 of 29
Carolis

Hey Amdm2013,

Thanks so very much for your speedy reply! I really, really appreciate it. 

Yes, I completely agree - I actually just came across this forum yesterday and have already gained so much valuable information from looking through it.

May I ask you a few final and very quick follow-up question please? I'm currently in a very similiar sitiuation to the one you described last year. I live in the US, but haven't acquired a SSN nor an ITIN yet. I had a checking account with Bank of America for about three years and got approved for a secured credit card with them earlier this year in order to start building credit. Going forward, I am planning to apply for a Macy's store card in about four months and also try to get the 'Discover It' card then. Once I've established some credit history, maybe about a year from now, I'd like to apply for a few reward cards. Besides Bank of America, do you know of other banks which at this point accept and process applications without SSN and ITIN, or do you think it' crucial I attempt to get an ITIN soon in order to move forward with my credit card applications? The cards that interest me the most are issued by US Bank, Chase, and Citi. Which banks allowed you to apply for cards before you received your SSN? When you requested your credit score from EX, did you do it through the mail by completing the relevant form or is there another way?

My sincere thanks once again and all the best to you.  

Message 27 of 29
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

No problem Carolis.

One first cc was a secured one from bofa. On the 13th month they refunded my deposit and doubled my limit without even asking them since I had no knowledge that it was possible.

From then on I was approved for four other cc from bofa without an ssn or itn.

I was also approved for a Macys card instantly at the store with a $1k CL.

The other lenders that accept apps without an ssn are Amex and CapOne which have to be done over the phone.

I believe you need a minimum of six months of payment history on your current cc before you app.

As for EX, I had to call them and provide my full name, date of birth and address and I got the reports in one week.

Thanks.
Message 28 of 29
Carolis

Once again many, many thanks. I'll follow your advice and wait at least for six months before submitting any applications for other cards. Too bad, Chase and US Bank appear not to issue cards without SSN/ITIN. I'll have to think about how to solve that problem.

As I said before, kyour help is really appreciated. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.