Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Blue SUB restrictions

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Amex Delta Blue SUB restrictions

I didn't see any solid data points for this, so I figured I would just put this out there.

The terms on the Delta Blue application page say...

Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card or the Delta SkyMiles® Options Credit Card. Welcome offer not available to applicants who currently have or have had one of the following cards in the last 90 days: Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, or Delta Reserve® Credit Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.

It's not clear whether or not this applies to the business versions or just the personal cards.  So as an experiment, I went ahead and applied, even though I also currently hold a Delta Gold Business card.

I got my 10K bonus miles today.

So the restriction seems to only apply to personal cards.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Blue SUB restrictions

I'm confused as to why you thought you wouldn't get the card with the SUB. The Delta Biz Gold card you received was last year which is not in the 90 day window the T&C state unless I'm missing something here.

Edit: thinking about the clawbacks AMEX has been doing recently I think if they offered it in error they can take it back and not much you can do about it if they do

Message 2 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

I'm confused as to why you thought you wouldn't get the card with the SUB. The Delta Biz Gold card you received was last year which is not in the 90 day window the T&C state unless I'm missing something here.

Edit: thinking about the clawbacks AMEX has been doing recently I think if they offered it in error they can take it back and not much you can do about it if they do

The way I read the terms, you're disqualified if "you currently have" the other card.

Anyway, it looks like this restriction only applies to personal cards.  The business versions seem to be OK.

I'll post a disappointed retraction if they retract my points.

Message 3 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

The way I read the terms, you're disqualified if you've had the other card in the last 90 days, so you'd be disqualified if you still have it.

Anyway, it looks like this restriction only applies to personal cards.  The business versions seem to be OK.

If your signature is correct you don't have to worry about the 90 day rule since you got your biz card last year

Message 4 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I made a correction to my last post but you beat me to quoting it...

The terms say "if you currently have or have had" the other card.

So yeah, if my year old gold card was a personal card, I'd be disqualified for the Blue bonus for sure.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

The way I read the terms, you're disqualified if "you currently have" the other card.

Thats how I read it too, it doesn't matter when you applied for it, could be 10 years ago, as long as you "currently have it", no sub for you.

One more reason for me to outright cancel my delta gold instead of downgrading.

Message 6 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amex is being quite the downers lately.  You are good with your SUB though

Message 7 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

They're even clawing back offers which is really sad

Message 8 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yeah I figured we needed some positive Amex news around here LOL

Message 9 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Well, someone correct me if i'm wrong, but they are only clawing back whatever they did not want to give in a first place 

As someone who has no Amex cards, everything I've seen here indicates that Amex is tired of being Amex. 

Just about all the other lenders "wised up" while back and now it's their turn. It's not sustainable and they know it. 

It may not be a popular opinion, but if one wants to keep their rewards and perks, they should welcome claw backs 

I dont care either way, but jumping on a ship while it's sailing away ...you're going to get wet and there might be sharks in the water. 

You have two threads on a first page, one dealing with claw backs and the other one "Yay! No AF is error!!!. Apply!" 

What could possibly go wrong 

I dont care either way, I dont like Amex to begin with for totally unrelated reasons, but anyone who has their cards and sees value in them, they will stop and hope they dodge the bullet. If one doesn't, it validates Amex's approach. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.