Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Blue SUB restrictions

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Delta Blue SUB restrictions

I really sound like my mother with her cautionary tales sometimes. 

Message 11 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

LOL

I see your point.  Different people have different risk tolerances, so we're going to see a variety of reactions to Amex on the front page.

I'll straight up say I chase bonuses.  Hence why I applied for the Blue... I just hadn't earned the bonus on it yet, and I like having SkyMiles.  But I also try to play by the rules to avoid AA.  So I keep my cards for at least a year... only buy gift cards I actually intend to give as gifts... don't do PayPal person-to-person payments... and don't do anything ridiculous (like self-referrals or obvious error offers).  I feel like I've struck a balance with them that works for me.

Even so, Amex probably doesn't like that I've done so many apps over the last couple years.  But I give them a lot of organic spend and I pay on time, so...

Message 12 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

LOL

I see your point.  Different people have different risk tolerances, so we're going to see a variety of reactions to Amex on the front page.

I'll straight up say I chase bonuses.  Hence why I applied for the Blue... I just hadn't earned the bonus on it yet, and I like having SkyMiles.  But I also try to play by the rules to avoid AA.  So I keep my cards for at least a year... only buy gift cards I actually intend to give as gifts... don't do PayPal person-to-person payments... and don't do anything ridiculous (like self-referrals or obvious error offers).  I feel like I've struck a balance with them that works for me.

Even so, Amex probably doesn't like that I've done so many apps over the last couple years.  But I give them a lot of organic spend and I pay on time, so...

I think based on the information being provided on the churning reddit we should start treating AMEX as a soft version of Chase's 5/24. Even with organic spending being mixed in it looks like AMEX is done with people gaming the system and pretty sure that will include SUB chasing in the future

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That clawback in the article seems totally reasonable to me though. If somone is only spending $100 at Dell to get nhte $100 credit, and knowing full well there's a 10% discount. They should be prepared for an adjustment due to not meeting the spend, as per any T&C states.

Per OP's DP's, is Amex now restricting being able to earn a SUB on each card in that lineup? I knew that you could only earn one sube per lifetime on each card, but now it seems if you have the Delta Blue and recieved a SUB. That you're not eligible for one on the Gold?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.