cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Cards - SkyMiles Feed Issues?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Amex Delta Cards - SkyMiles Feed Issues?

Is anyone else experiencing weirdness with the feed between their American Express Delta cards and their SkyMiles accounts?  Prior to 2020, the MQD Waiver spend tracker (left bottom in image) would always update the next day after statement closing when SkyMiles posted, but I was excited to see that the tracker was updating daily almost in real-time starting in 2020.  As you may know, achieving the MQD Waiver is one of the tie-breakers for upgrades so hitting this before having to wait for a statement to close was a welcome feature at the time.

Unfortunately, my MQD Waiver counter hasn't updated in over a month now.  Additionally, I see in my Amex account that it's now showing 0 SkyMiles (on right in image), whereas before not only was that always live (since I got my first Delta card in 2017) but also showed my Platinum Medallion status in my Amex account.  SkyMiles are posting normally and I have received the ~12k SkyMiles for my most recent statement closing.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Just wondering if this is a widespread Delta/Amex IT issue or something I might need to contact Amex about?  Obviously the link isn't completely broken since I have been getting SkyMiles from card spend as soon as my statements close (edit: and it is showing my SkyMiles number in my Amex account; I blanked it out in the screenshot - but that 0 has been there for at least a month).

deltacaptures.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Delta Cards - SkyMiles Feed Issues?

Your people and their  people's people need to stop borrowing US Bank tech and fired Citi IT personnel.

Going to uninstall it again, it annoys me. 

Screenshot_20210304-153842_Fly Delta.jpg

Message 2 of 9
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Just checked my amex page and delta...both are right and up to date.....maybe call them....

Message 3 of 9
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

My SkyMiles look good in the AmEx app but since I got the card last March my MQD waiver progress bar has never moved past 0. Not sure why and also never asked since I'm not planning on putting $25k on that card.

Message 4 of 9
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Mine is fine and still synched with Delta, although I never really noticed my medallion status on AMEX (I do not see it).

Message 5 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

My MQD Waiver tracker on Delta's website and the app finally moved a few days after one of the statements closed; I am assuming things are back to updating only after statement closings rather than more often and I should see spending from my business card appear soon.  Just weird that it's updating days later than the SkyMiles from the statement posting. I also wasn't taking into account that I had a rather large credit issued from a merchant in January that is likely being counted against MQD Waiver spending.  Oh well, I'm about 60% of the way there and if it takes a few extra weeks until my statement closing for that metric to pop up into my account, it's not like they're gonna make me sit on the wing if there's another PM with the same fare code that has hit the waiver.

As for the Amex side of things, the website is still showing 0 SkyMiles but the app shows the correct amount sitting in my SkyMiles account.  @staticvoidmain I don't have a more recent screenshot, but I found this from an older post of mine back in the "Gold"en days.  Not sure if they just removed that from the display completely or if it's part of whatever bug is making my SkyMiles show as 0.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 8.43.16 PM.png

Message 6 of 9
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston  Mine is showing on the web app (not mobile – although I see it on the mobile app as well). I have medallion status, but it's not showing (never really noticed it before).

skymiles-amex.jpg

Message 7 of 9
ndjim75
Valued Member

Mine is exactly the same as your...0 skymiles showing.

I am pretty sure mine updated in the past. I usually dont pay that much attention to it in the AMEX site, but I have been watching it closely this year as I am putting the majority of my spend on the Delta Reserve this year.

I am trying to take advantage of the bump in MQD rewards to try and hit Delta Platinum this year. 

Not expecting to travel too much this year, but with rollover from last year and the bonus MQD this year, trying to set myself up for Platinum in 2022 when I hope travel will be back to status quo.

Message 8 of 9
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

My number of SkyMiles is correctly showing on both the Amex and Delta desktop websites.  I haven't earned any MQDs, so I can't offer any help regarding that issue.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.