Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold 75K offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold 75K offer

Hello everyone,

I recently got the targeted 75K miles offer in the mail and am thinking of applying for it. However, my credit history is new, and I just wanted to check with anyone if they had luck getting approved with a thin file similar to mine.
AAoA: 3 months
Total CL: 1300
Cards: Discover it (4 mos) and CapOne platinum (2 mos)
Inquiries: 3EX 2TU
CreditKarma TU:682
Util:0%
If I were to apply, I was thinking of doing so before the offer expires (Feb 20).

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Delta Gold 75K offer

Hold off for as long as you can, don’t worry about the bonus offers because if you’re already being targeted, they’ll start sending you more and more. You’re already in Amex’s radar so they’ll be sending you other targeted offers, and you’ll be able to use someone’s referral codes also to get a better card than that you might want more for the long term.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

These Delta Gold offer come around often. I get them every other month. They ranged from 50k to 75k sign up bonus offer.

Message 3 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I've gotten targeted offers for 70k but never 75k. That said, I have five open and one closed Amex cards so I'm not exactly new to them.

I'd probably go for 75k. I'm even considering the 70k offer I have.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

The 75k offer is the best you will see from a Delta Gold card.

I would wait until early February, since that will give your file some more time to age.

In the interim, between now and the app DO NOT mess around with any AMEX cards review, no checks for "I wonder if I am prequalified, this won't affect my credit" on their web site. You have a specific targeted offer and you want to keep that from getting messed up. There are several reports of people who had targeted mailers, were uncertain of their chances, went in to check AMEX prequalification, and AMEX later said, "sorry, you used a prequalification tool. That reset (ended) our offer to you. The mailer is no longer valid".

Just trust that you will be granted the card with $1k or possibly a $2k limit, and give your file a bit more time to age. Then enjoy the 75k bonus miles and card benefits.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't apply to it either unless you are already an AMEX card holder.  I got targeted too and will apply because I already hold 4 cards with them so the chances of another offer like this 75k is rarely going to happen to me. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.