Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold PC to Delta Blue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold PC to Delta Blue

Morning all! Long time lurker.

I am finding that I hardly ever use my Amex Delta Gold anymore, the odd $20 spend here and there but that's all, certainly not enough to justify the $95 AF. It is, however, my oldest card at 5 years so I'm not keen to see that TL be closed.

I know that I can call and downgrade it to the Delta Blue that has no AF, but my question is what will this change report as on the CRBs? Will it be a new account or will it continue to report as the same TL?

The reason for asking, beyond just it being my oldest card, is that I am house hunting and will probably purchase by the end of the year.

Any DPs out there from an Amex PC?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Gold PC to Delta Blue

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning all! Long time lurker.

I am finding that I hardly ever use my Amex Delta Gold anymore, the odd $20 spend here and there but that's all, certainly not enough to justify the $95 AF. It is, however, my oldest card at 5 years so I'm not keen to see that TL be closed.

I know that I can call and downgrade it to the Delta Blue that has no AF, but my question is what will this change report as on the CRBs? Will it be a new account or will it continue to report as the same TL?

The reason for asking, beyond just it being my oldest card, is that I am house hunting and will probably purchase by the end of the year.

Any DPs out there from an Amex PC?

Thanks in advance!

The account number will stay the same and no changes will be reported to the CBs. It will continue reporting as before.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I just called and made the change, was very painless and the CSR confirmed that this was an internal AMEX change only and no changes would be noted with the CRBs

Message 3 of 4
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I just called and made the change, was very painless and the CSR confirmed that this was an internal AMEX change only and no changes would be noted with the CRBs

Glad it worked out. Good luck with the house hunting!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.