Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold Reallocated and Closed!

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Delta Gold Reallocated and Closed!

Well I finally closed my Delta Gold Amex today.  I've been trying to get the limit reallocated to my HHonors Surapss card, but kept getting denied.  I started to get discouraged because I was told a number of different reasons relating to how long the account needed to be open in order to be eligible for reallocation.  Hopefully my data point helps someone else looking to do this since the policy isn't always completely clear:

4/20/2013:  Account opened $2k starting limit

6/21/2013:  3x CLI to $6k

5/17/2014:  Requested reallocation $5.5k to Surpass card - denied, stated I needed to wait 13 calendar months 

5/23/2014:  Requested reallocation $5.5k to Surpass card - denied, stated I needed 13 billing cycles to post (which they had)

5/29/2014:  Requested reconsideration to 5/23/2014 request - denied, stated I needed to wait until 6/1/2014

6/02/2014:  Requested reallocation $5k to Surpass card - Approved!!!  Instant

At one point they told me the 13th billing cycle needed to close, which mine does for the Delta card on 6/8/2014, but the agent said I would technically be eligible on 6/1/2014.  Lesson learned on my part, just ask for the date it's eligible to begin with!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.