Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Plat Upgrade Offer?

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Amex Delta Plat Upgrade Offer?

So I have an offer in the photo below. I currently hold the Amex Delta Plat which I've used a ton since opening. I only fly Delta and book First class or Delta comfort +. Is this offer legitamate? and would I get an HP for the upgrade if it were even approved?

I already paid for my Amex Delta Plat AF many statements ago. I was interested in opening either Gold or Plat card but what it be a mistake to upgrade my Delta Plat?

I have no preapprovals in my portal which I would have loved over the upgrades but could this hurt my chances of being approved for any new amex cards next month? 

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 1.52.49 PM.png

I also have another offer for my Hilton Honors card 

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 1.51.54 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Delta Plat Upgrade Offer?

Yes, the offers are legitimate depending on where/how you received them (email, snail mail or online). There is no HP for upgrading.

I typically wait until a better upgrade incentive is offered if it's of appeal to me at that point in time. For instance, I still have a Hilton Honors Aspire (150,000) offer to upgrade by 3/31 with a $4K spend requirement in 3 months.

Personally, I would do the math to see if the upgrade makes sense and would only do so if a decent or generous offer was presented with the upgrade. The decision is up to you, of course.

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You shouldn't see a HP for either one of these offers;  Upgrades and promos like this don't require a credit pull.   You'll have to do the math on the Reserve vs Platinum to decide if it's worth the upgrade. 

Also I don't think accepting either offer would necessarily hurt your short term chances for approval on other AMEX cards. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
CivalV
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Yes, the offers are legitimate depending on where/how you received them (email, snail mail or online). There is no HP for upgrading.

I typically wait until a better upgrade incentive is offered if it's of appeal to me at that point in time. For instance, I still have a Hilton Honors Aspire (150,000) offer to upgrade by 3/31 with a $4K spend requirement in 3 months.

Personally, I would do the math to see if the upgrade makes sense and would only do so if a decent or generous offer was presented with the upgrade. The decision is up to you, of course.

The upgrade from Amex Delta Plat to Reserve makes sense and the spend for the upgrade incentive is 5000 mqms and 5000 bonus miles if I spend $2k in 6 months which is easy but I was looking at the difference between opening a new Amex Delta reserve and upgrading. 14x, 7x the points etc whereas with the upgrade I am only getting 3x,1x on spend? What a downer lol

Message 4 of 5
CivalV
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

You shouldn't see a HP for either one of these offers;  Upgrades and promos like this don't require a credit pull.   You'll have to do the math on the Reserve vs Platinum to decide if it's worth the upgrade. 

Also I don't think accepting either offer would necessarily hurt your short term chances for approval on other AMEX cards. 

Looking at both upgrade offers vs applying for the cards the offer does not look so appealing anymore :/ 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.