Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Platinum Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Platinum Questions

I got the card with a prequlified offer to get 70K points if I spend 2k in 3 months. I know I dont get the point untill I spend the 2k, but I dont even see anything about it on my acount. Is there a way to track where I am on the deal or even confim that I did get the deal. Will it be in the agreement when I recive the actual card.

How often do you recive skymiles for spending? Do you get them as you purchase or just once a month with your statment. Does it show you how many points you ate getting for what?

thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Delta Platinum Questions

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the card with a prequlified offer to get 70K points if I spend 2k in 3 months. I know I dont get the point untill I spend the 2k, but I dont even see anything about it on my acount. Is there a way to track where I am on the deal or even confim that I did get the deal. Will it be in the agreement when I recive the actual card.

How often do you recive skymiles for spending? Do you get them as you purchase or just once a month with your statment. Does it show you how many points you ate getting for what?

thanks

You can confirm the Welcome Offer by calling or chatting with Amex.  There is no confirmation other than when the points post.  On the statements and activity page you can view Year To Date Spending.  Be sure not to include the annual fee if you are cutting it close.  The only running total will be your counter to the next 10k MQM Status Boost (that is new this year).

The Welcome Offer points usually post to your SkyMiles account within a day or two after the qualifying spend has been met (and charges are finalized and no longer pending).  Points for spending each month will post to your SkyMiles account a day or two after the statement closes.  You can see bonus earnings next to each charge a few days after the charge is finalized by looking at your transaction history.

Message 2 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

For future reference, I'm a big believer in taking a screenshot showing the offer and the date/time just before I submit an application.

Expect the 70k to arrive within days once you reach $2k spend - even if you're in the middle of a statement. Expect regular points to appear at the close of a statement.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awsome. Thanks!

Also when does my anual fee show up on there? I kind of expected that to be there right away. Sorry, new to Amex.

Does the AF count towards your bonus offer spending or get you 1x points? I'm not super optimistic that it does, just curious.

Message 4 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awsome. Thanks!

Also when does my anual fee show up on there? I kind of expected that to be there right away. Sorry, new to Amex.

Does the AF count towards your bonus offer spending or get you 1x points? I'm not super optimistic that it does, just curious.

No rewards, no minimum spend progress. It's simply a fee.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awsome. Thanks!

Amex annual fees post on the day that statements close.  It will be on your first statement.

The annual fee (along with balance transfers, any type of fee, any kind of cash equivalent, etc.) does not earn points and does not count toward qualifying spending.

Message 6 of 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awsome. Thanks!

Mine appeared on my 2nd statement on my most recent card I opened with them. I think that's pretty standard. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.