Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Reserve Upgrade & CARD Act

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Reserve Upgrade & CARD Act

But we are talking about the benefits of the card.  The CARD gives you 2 points per dollar on Delta purchases.  The other 5 or whatever points you get anyway are irrelevant.

This is what bugs me about the way Amex markets the SPG card, saying you get 5 points per dollar on SPG purchases when 3 of those points are yours whether you use their card or not.

Message 21 of 24
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Also, I saw similar upgrade links for Platinum when I got green and PRG and for Hilton Surpass when I got the NAF Hilton card.  Never saw an actual offer with a bonus, though.  I never did follow the links, but I suspect the request would've been denied.

Message 22 of 24
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Also, I saw similar upgrade links for Platinum when I got green and PRG and for Hilton Surpass when I got the NAF Hilton card.  Never saw an actual offer with a bonus, though.  I never did follow the links, but I suspect the request would've been denied.

Confirmed... I just realized I was still showing the "request an upgrade" link on the BCP.  I clicked on it and instead of giving me the application form, it just told me "We're sorry, your existing Cards are not eligible for this upgrade."  My BCE is less than a year old.

Message 23 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@MrDisco99 wins the thread!  Thank you.

So it's like the new Increase Your Credit Limit button that now shows up whether you are actually eligible or not.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.