Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta SkyMiles credit card problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta SkyMiles credit card problem

Got this card last Dec.

But I still cannot see the miles balance on Amex page.

Anyone has the same problem?

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 9.36.59 PM.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Delta SkyMiles credit card problem

How long ago was your first statement?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first statement closed on 1/20/2019.

The weird thing is, I can see the miles balance on Amex mobile app from the day I received my card.

Message 3 of 11
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

I was having an issue with getting my points on SPG, but my account was pretty new. Sometimes I think it's an issue with how the data is linked - I never worry if it shows up there because I consider the source of truth to be Delta itself (so look in the Delta app and make sure your points are there!). You can also look at Account Activity within your SM account on Delta to see if your points are posting (just remember AmEx is usually 2 months behind). 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have any yet. Takes 2 statements for first points or miles to post in regards to Amex.
Message 5 of 11
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Amex only does the two statement delay on cash back and MR cards, not the cobranded Delta or Hilton cards.
Message 6 of 11
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Both my wife and I are having the same issue with our Delta cards as well. I just chalked it up to a glitch on Amex's website that will eventually be sorted out.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 7 of 11
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My first statement closed on 1/20/2019.

The weird thing is, I can see the miles balance on Amex mobile app from the day I received my card.

Do the miles show up on the Delta mobile app and website?  That's more important than the Amex mobile app and website.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, both Delta webiste and app show correct number (and Amex mobile app)

I guess I just need to wait for a while for them to update the website.

Thanks for everyone's reply!

Message 9 of 11
NRB525
Super Contributor

My Delta cards on the AMEX site also have "Not Available" for SkyMiles. These sorts of non-listings have happened in the past.

I attribute it to this being the first-of-the-year transition when they roll over MQM and make other updates to the Delta side of things, but I have no specific idea why the link isn't sending the miles through now.

The SkyPesos are correct on the Delta site, and that's where it matters to me.

Congrats to OP on getting a Delta AMEX.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.