Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED 20% extra points purchases?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex ED 20% extra points purchases?

Are only certain types of purchases eligible for the 20% extra points for the month?

The following are my posted charges, but only the 2 most recent have been added to the counter.

MAY 6
AMAZON.COM AMZN.COM/BILL 

$10.92
You have a posted transaction on May 5 from TACO BELL  for dollar 20.49
MAY 5
TACO BELL 

$20.49
You have a posted transaction on May 4 from COMCAST  for dollar 166.78
MAY 4
COMCAST

$166.78
You have a posted transaction on May 4 from ONLINE PAYMENT - THANK YOU for dollar 100.00
MAY 4
ONLINE PAYMENT - THANK YOU

-$100.00
You have a posted transaction on May 2 from UNA MAS MEX GRILL  for dollar 16.87
MAY 2
UNA MAS MEX GRILL

$16.87
You have a posted transaction on May 1 from CHEESECAKE  for dollar 38.97
MAY 1
CHEESECAKE 

$38.97
You have a posted transaction on Apr 29 from CHEVRON  for dollar 43.57
APR 29
CHEVRON 

$43.57

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex ED 20% extra points purchases?

As long as it's not an ineligible transaction for rewards (e.g. cash advances, fees, etc.), then it should count. While all efforts are made to have the counter update real-time, there are sometimes instances where it may be delayed. Please contact customer service if it does not reflect properly on your statement as that is when the counter and necessary adjustments are forced through.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Make 20 or more purchases with your Card in a billing period and earn 20% extra points on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply."

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/detail/amex-everyday-spend-bonus/amex-every...

Also, it might be a good idea to edit out the city names on your posted transactions for general privacy concerns.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As long as it's not an ineligible transaction for rewards (e.g. cash advances, fees, etc.), then it should count. While all efforts are made to have the counter update real-time, there are sometimes instances where it may be delayed. Please contact customer service if it does not reflect properly on your statement as that is when the counter and necessary adjustments are forced through.

Thank you for your reply! They are all regular purchases I assume based on the terms. It's my first month with the card, so perhaps I'm jmuping the gun a little!

Message 4 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

$20 taco bell... Wow some serious beans you got going thereSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

$20 taco bell... Wow some serious beans you got going thereSmiley Happy

LOL! I got off cheap...treated my nephew's t-ball team to tacos!

Message 6 of 10
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Counter can be delayed.  It is best to keep track in your mind how many purchases you make.    Also, it takes an extra statement for the points to be added to your account.

Message 7 of 10
Samac
Regular Contributor

Because of your message I now know what town your nephew plays little league in. I would definitely consider editing your original post. I'm not an axe murder, but someone might be.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

they add up all your points and the next month it will add 20%. Use it for amazon and get 2x points right now BTW.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's your first month you'll learn lol. That thing is quite behind. Usually about a week? Based on my experience with it. Then again I quit using it in June so..
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.