Did you mean: 

Amex ED Amazon offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex ED Amazon offer

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got that offer on my Platinum but not my Everyday Rewards. I'll stick with 10% (eventually) on Discover and 14 months to pay

Well if My Amex Maths is correct? .. 15% discount for Subscribe and save + (5%+5%) 10% on Disco It.

I think thats 25% eventually.    ..Even Got the Multi Item discount on one of the items.

I don't live in the US, so my Amazon purchases there don't amount to much and all my S&Ses are in Canada. Over the last three years my spending on Amazon.com has ranged from $90-$400 per year combined from 1-4 orders a year.

I've placed 111 orders on Amazon.ca this year, so it would take too long to add up that expense, lol.

In Canada I get 3-8 Aeroplan miles at Amazon.ca, plus whatever I get from whatever card I use. 

Message 11 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for sharing. I actually have it on my Amex Gold but I'm still within the first year on my second Discover card so I'm going to max that out and then move on to this offer.
Message 12 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Thanks to @UncleB , I now have enough laundry detergent to last a year at least.

but I also bought some really nice pillow's for my bedSmiley Happy (that was actually a need)

Message 13 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just an update...decided to buy my dog her new garage bed , after she started to chew up the old one , and baught a canopy to protect from some rain that sometimes blows in . Just went with my Amy card 5% backSmiley Wink. If i need anything else from Amy i may use my AmexSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Loquat wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I actually have it on my Amex Gold but I'm still within the first year on my second Discover card so I'm going to max that out and then move on to this offer.

@Loquat, if the extra 20% would be significant buy yourself an Amazon electronic GC with your Discover (having it delivered to your own email, no issues doing this), then buy your item with Amex to redeem one MR point. 

During checkout redeem the electronic GC... the best of both worlds! Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@Loquat, if the extra 20% would be significant buy yourself an Amazon electronic GC with your Discover (having it delivered to your own email, no issues doing this), then buy your item with Amex to redeem one MR point. 

During checkout redeem the electronic GC... the best of both worlds! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks @UncleB Didn't think about that but certainly gonna take advantage of it!!!  

Message 16 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Loquat wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

Thanks @UncleB Didn't think about that but certainly gonna take advantage of it!!!  

It works easy-peasy!  Smiley Very Happy

The only caveat I've come across is that if you have an existing Amazon GC balance it can sometimes be tricky to use it while paying with points if the total charge is less than your GC balance... Amazon will try to use your GC balance only, which will make you miss out on the 20%.  As long as your purchase amount is larger than your existing GC balance -or- you redeem a new GC while you're in checkout (and after designating one MR point) you'll have no issues. 

Also, if your existing GC balance is larger than your total purchase, if you redeem a new GC during checkout it will 'pull over' your existing GC balance as well - letting you pay for the entire purchase with GC but also using 1 MR (and getting 20% off) - which is another work-around.

(I've used these 'tricks' quite a bit since I generally buy one item at a time to maximize my $1 no-rush audio credits... yeah, I'm cheap.)

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I just noticed this offer the other day. Right after I already placed 3 orders! Well, at least I'm getting my Rakuten bonus. lol

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.