Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Email Offers

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Amex Email Offers

For the first time I received this email from American Express. I do not have an Amex and I am not interested in opening anything right now especially any cards with high annual fees..

But I am curious.. has anyone else received an email like this? Is it standard marketing? I thought that having an Amex savings had nothing to do with credit products. 

ED4BC269-FBD9-4B9C-8F4D-AC125B0EE423.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Email Offers

MarketingSmiley Wink 60 k is standard offer
Message 2 of 8
CivalV
Established Contributor

I’m glad I am not credit seeking or else I would have been heartbroken leaving my beautiful 9 month old garden 🤣

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, marketing. They can still cross-sell products even if those two product platforms are separate unless there was an option to opt out (privacy policy - affiliate sharing).
Message 4 of 8
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

I thought that having an Amex savings had nothing to do with credit products. 

I think having a savings account does factor to it. Ever since I opened an HYSA with them, I have become a lot more "qualified" and I get more offers from their credit offerings. (It could be a coincidence, just my opinion).

Message 5 of 8
LOC
Contributor

Their HYSA is awesome. 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same email offer tonight.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It varies with me, sometimes I get the mailer for the 60K points. While other times it's just an "upgrade offer". 

If you're really interested in the Plat, I'd definitely wait for that rare 100K point offer!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.